Uru and Candycane

Happy Brrrr Tuesday everyone! It's freezing here in the Bay Area!!! There is no snow where I live, but it snowed in areas where it hasn't snowed for a long time yesterday! I secretly hope that it would snow even though I don't like it being so cold... =)

I made this card for the sketch challenge over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog. Here is the sketch:

This image is Uru and Candycane. This is another adorable design by Norma Fickel for Whiff of Joy Stamps. I cut out the image with my Nesties using the technique that the fabulous Rachel used in this tutorial. If you love coloring with Copic markers, make sure that you visit Rachel's blog. She is the Goddess of Copic coloring in my opinion!!! Thanks for the tutorial, Rach! =)

This is also my card for the lovely Deborah's December Card Chain Challenge. It's a really fun "everyone wins" challenge that Deborah is hosting. Please click on the link to see how you can join the fun next time!! There are three challenge options and I decided to make a holiday card.

I am also entering this into the inspiring color challenge over at The Play Date Cafe. The colors for this challenge are red, white and green!! Such Christmasy colors and my card fits!! YAY!! =)

Hope you all have a warm and cozy day! =)

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Whiff of Joy Stamps, Close To My Heart (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (flourish frame)
patterned paper: Memory Box
inks: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
lace trim: Melissa Frances
brads: Creative Cafe
border punch: Fiskars
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four
circle cutter: Fiskars
die cutting machine: CuttleBug
others: sewing machine, thread
Copics used:
skin tone: E11, E00, E000, E93
outfit: R89, R29, R24, G99, G82, G40, C1

Comments

~amy~ said…
darling card Alice!!!! The colors teamed up with the lace is absolutely perfect-o! Wow, I didn't realize that it had snowed in Cali. It's been cold in washington too...dipping into the teens at night and in the low 20's/30's during the day...crazy..I wear my jacket and scarf at work!
Sanne said…
Uhhh is there another card chain challenge at Deborah´s - must jump over to have a closer look. I really like these cute christmas stamps that you have Alice - and what a great card !
Hugs Sanne
NinaB said…
Great sketch and you did a fantastic job with it. Your brads and lace are just the perfect touch.
Sandi said…
oh look at that elf, great card, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi
Kelly Booth said…
So cute...I just LOVE those Whif of Joy stamps and you do them up just PERFECTLY!!!
Holly Young said…
This is adorable Alice. I love your coloring and the way you have the candy cane coming outside of the label.
donna mikasa said…
Tooooo cute! Love the rich colors and the candy cane coming off the edge of the Nestie--love it!!!!
Jane said…
Brilliant! Your colouring always blows me away!
Julie Ranae said…
So glad to have you back in the Cafe to play our challenge. You did a fabulous job for every one of those challenges!
Maylee said…
Fabulous card Alice! Brrrrr...I hate this cold weather we're having!
Sarah Anderson said…
Love, love, love this card! The elf is just beautiful and it all comes together brilliantly. :)
Donalda said…
Oh hon this is just beautiful!!! Such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at WOJ
Lin said…
Hi Alice, I'm in the midwest where we're used to snow often, and we haven't had any yet! I'm secretly hoping for just a couple inches of the wet kind that sticks to all the tree branches and makes everything look new! But only until Christmas, after that it's not so much fun!

I love the rich patterns on your card and all the shapes. Well done - good luck!
Lizziski said…
Alice this is such a lovely card. You inspire me so much. Love looking at your blog each day
*Alison* said…
This is AMAZING.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this.. super cute.. thanks for playing with us at the Cafe.. HUGS

~I have a new FREE Digital Stamp on my blog right now.. :)
Jill said…
Your coloring is fab! I love the flourishes, too! Nice touch!
Julie Ranae said…
Alice...Congratulations on being In the Spotlight over at the Play Date Cafe Challenge.

Please stop by and get your winners badge for your blog and we hope that you will play along with us again this week.

You will now be entered as one of our possible guest designers for January.
Suzanne C said…
Adorable! love the imp with her candycane.

Popular Posts