Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #134

Happy Friday, my friends! =) Still can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! This week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge is the last one of the month. Here is this week's sketch:


Here is my card:


I wasn't so sure if this would look good since I wanted to use these non-fall patterned paper for this card. I think it turned out okay. What do you say?


I used the adorable A Thankful Day illustrated by Rachelle Anne Miller for my card. Those two birds just add so much cuteness and whimsy to this traditional Thanksgiving image. =)


The patterned paper is from Sassafras' Count Me In collection. The sentiment came with the stamp.


Here is the inside of the card.

That's all I have for today. Don't forget to check out what all the other members of the TESC Sketch Crew came up with for this sketch!! Here are the links:
Please go to Taylor's blog to find out how you can join the fun!



Thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Rachelle Anne Miller for PaperWorks Co.
patterned paper: Sassafras
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
ribbon: May Arts
corner rounder: EK Success
die: (label) Spellbinders, (Open Scallop Border) My Favorite Things
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug
other: sewing machine, thread
Copics used: E59, E57, E55, V17, V15, V12, V000, YR18, YR15, YR12, YG95, YG91, YR07, YR04, YR02, YG63, YG13, YG03, YG01, E37, E35, E33, E31, R37, R35, R32, YG17, YG13, YG03, YG01, Y11, Y38, Y35, Y32, BG01, B000, B0000, E29, E27, E25, E53
card size: 5" x 5"

Comments

Taylor said…
This is so cute, Alice... Love that sweet image! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Anonymous said…
WOWSERS!

AMAZING coloring!

and I'm with you.. im all about the non traditional papers... it turned out PERFECT!

Happy thanksgiving!
BabyBokChoy said…
This is utterly adorable, the layering is so so so awesome! of course the coloring :)
Jami said…
Oh my that is the cutest cornocopia image I've ever seen and your coloring is incredible as always. It almost looks like an animation cell!
Michelle said…
Great colouring! I love the little yellow birdie with the tinge of green.. your colouring always amazes me:-) Love the layers of patterned paper too, makes the card look so rich!
Jodi Collins said…
AWESOME sketch and I LOOOOOOOOVE the image you used! BEAUTIFUL!
Sanne said…
such a lovely card Alice - great colors!
Melissa said…
Yea...someone hasn't already moved onto Christmas :) I love the "a day to be thankful" stamp! The font is so cute!!
Monika/Buzsy said…
Such a lovely fall card Alice. Your coloring and choice of papers are fabulous as always. :o)
Clare said…
LOVE the colors and the papers definitely work, brilliant!
Karen B. said…
Another delightful combination! I received my first Copic marker today, now it is lonely and I will have to find it more friends!
Vicky said…
Stunning card and the coloring is amazing! Great take on the challenge!
B said…
Loving all the fun layers and mix of patterned papers! So cute!
Emily Leiphart said…
Alice, this is beautiful and your brilliant colours are amazing!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful inside and out! I didn't realize your papers weren't autumnal they look perfect with the image.
Amy said…
This is a beautiful fall card, Alice! I love the image, that lil bird is just too cute with the cornucopia! The papers are perfect for fall, love the colors! :)
Pauline said…
Gorgeous image and colouring, such a delightful card! The inside is fab too.
Courtney K said…
this turned out more than ok!! amazing how you were able to get so many colors to work together so well on the image you colored.
donna mikasa said…
What a delightful card--love those little birdies and your coloring is just fantastic! I love how you decorate the inside of your cards which make them equally gorgeous as the outside!
alexandra s.m. said…
Fantastic! One could easily imagine a whole story around this incredible scene!
ivy said…
that is some cute sassafras paper...need to check it out! i love your coloring!
Beautiful!!! The coloring is amazing and I love that sweet image. Wonderful, wonderful work!
:) Rachel

Popular Posts