Hello Ladybug

Hello all! I am sharing a card that I made for the "Buttons and Blooms" challenge over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog.


I used the lovely Hello Ladybug from the newly released Love Bug collection by Whiff of Joy for my card. She is so beautiful and so fun to color.


After coloring her, I cut the image out using a Petite Ovals Large die and inked around the image with tea dye and vintage photo when the paper was still in the die. The sentiment piece is made the same way with a Labels 14 die.


The pretty patterned paper is from the Once Upon A Springtime collection by Graphic 45. I punched a strip of teal paper using the Doily Lace Trim punch, but it's now covered by the barn door dyed seam binding. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

That's all for today. Have a Happy Hump day! =)



Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock, button: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Hello Ladybug) Whiff of Joy Stamps, (seniment) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: Graphic 45
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
punches: Martha Stewart
paper doily: Wilton
mulberry paper flowers from my stash
twine: Whiff of Joy
seam binding: Lawrence Schiff Silk Mills, Inc.
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape, foam squares, Glue Dots
Copics used:
skin: E01, E00, E000, R20, R22, RV42
hair: E79, E77, E74, E71, E70
dress: BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10, R22, R21, R20, R11
flower: YG17, YG13, YG01, R24, R22, RV42
card size: 5" x 5"

Comments

Dotty Jo said…
Hi Alice, this is such a sweet card! That image is lovely and you've showcased her beautifully! Have a good day, Jo x
donna mikasa said…
So pretty, Alice! I love the distressing and the wonky stitching, and of course, your awesome coloring!! Hope you had fun with KB today! Will email you soon...xx
Karen B. said…
Very beautiful indeed.
Silli said…
so sweet Alice, love your coloring and what you did with the sentiment! HUGS
Pajalu said…
Alice I want to visit you so bad so I can take lessons!!! Your cards always leave me gob-smacked. This is so stunningly beautiful xoxoxoxoxo
Kruemel said…
What a wonderful card! Love the red and turquoise colored image with the vintage background!

Thanks for joining our challenge at WOJ this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel
~amy~ said…
soo cute, love all your pretty details!
Lin said…
Love how you brought all these elements together!
Jodi Collins said…
This is SO gorgeous Alice! GORGEOUS colors and coloring!!!
Jodi Collins said…
This is SO gorgeous Alice! GORGEOUS colors and coloring!!!
BabyBokChoy said…
Specifically I ADORE the leaves you punched out to accent the flowers, holy buckets, I need it, no no no no, don't make me buy it Alice!! lol
Virginia L. said…
Wow! What a gorgeous way to showcase this image! Love your colors in this one ...so much detailed work!
Beate said…
gorgeous coloring, Alice! I love the paper you chose and the darling flowers on the side of the image.
Hugs and smiles
Maria Therese said…
Sweet sweet card! Love the shabby vintage look!
Sweet and fabulous as always, Alice! :)
Niki Estes said…
Such a pretty card, Alice!
Stamping Cafe said…
What a sweet image and beautiful card, Alice! I can just stare at it all day, really admire your coloring skill... so amazing!! Big hugs!!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a gorgeous card!
Marlene said…
Beautiful card - love the distressed edges and the sewing. Nicely done.
Emily Leiphart said…
Oh my, is this ever gorgeous, Alice! I love how you coloured her dress. The vintagey papers are so perfect for this image! BTW, I received your package and I stare at your cards every day. LOL I will be blogging about them very soon!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Delightful!! Love how you delicately placed the doily behind the nestie, what a neat effect!
Diane Jaquay said…
Oh wow Alice, love that beautiful dress and the way you colored it; gorgeous card!
Anonymous said…
Really pretty card Alice - I love your sweet colouring ;)
Hugs, Ruth S
Tasha said…
Oh this is stunning Alice, love this image so much! The lace and flower combo is so pretty
love tasha xx
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful! Love the flowers around the edge. The image is super sweet!
Giò said…
So beautiful!!! Fantastic colouring and paper.... I love the distressed edges and the stitching around the card.
Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge and good luck for the dt call.
Hugs, Giò
Manuela said…
Fabulous card! ♥ Awesome coloring and great DP.
Thank you for joining us at Whiff of Joy challenge blog.

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

Popular Posts