Sunday, August 10, 2014

Garden

Happy Sunday. my friends! Here is the aftermath of me trying out my new Sai Watercolor Brush Pen set.


Definitely need more practice. The sky should have been a lighter blue and I missed a spot under the bench that should be darker brown. Flaws are all I see!


The images are from Art Impressions Garden TF set. They are supposed to be making it easy for you to make trifold cards, but I just went with my usual flat look. =) The images are stamped with Jet Black archival ink and colored with Sai Watercolor Brush Pens.


I probably could have thought of a more interesting design (another flaw!), but decided to keep it simple. =) The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Garden Variety set.

That's all for now. Have a beautiful day! =)

Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink, (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
rubber stamps: Art Impressions
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
color medium: (Sai watercolor brushes) Akashi-ya
card size: 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"

10 comments:

mgoll88 said...

What a fanatstic creation, thats really amazing!!!

LG
Michaela

Cheryl said...

Flaws??? Oh my, all I see is gorgeousness! Absolutely amazing, beautiful water colored images!

Marilyn said...

This is so outstandingly beautiful Alice! I adore this little scene you created! It makes me want to go and sit on this park bench and watch the bunnies!

Lucille K said...

Alice,
I'm sure only you see flaws, I see a fabulous creation, just love it. And, thank you for showing work with the Sai brushes, I'm intrigued and am going to buy a set :)

Ellie said...

Just beautiful Alice, I don't see any flaws!

Celeste Goff said...

Great card Alice! Only you see your mistakes.

Sanja Grdinić said...

So cute...
Have a SWEET day. :)

Jean Bullock said...

You created a delightful scene. I like the sky just the way you made it and truthfully until you mentioned the little spot, I didn't even notice because the whole effect is pretty and well colored. Silly, the card is darling.

Shelly said...

I see no flaws!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! <3

Olesya Kharkova said...

Fabulous!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive