Blooming Spring & Uru


I used a stamp from Whiff of Joy Stamps' Store Stamp Kit - Blooming Spring. This is a stamp kit that is only available through retail stores.

I paired this image with BasicGrey's Origins collection. The sentiment is once again from this set by Hero Arts. I have been using this set a lot lately. =) I kind of "re-discovered" it since I stored it in a different storage system from the one that I am using now. I found that I have been reaching for it all the time these days!

I made this card using Uru and Bird for a stamp altering tutorial for Whiff of Joy Stamps' Inspirations & Tutorial Blog in February. I learned this stamp altering technique from the amazing Amy Young and my big thanks to her for letting me use this technique for my tutorial. Here is a link to the tutorial if you are interested.

With a little altering, this holiday stamp is so versatile and perfect for any occasion! The yummy patterned papers are from the Sprout collection by Memory Box. And the good news is that Norma Fickel, the creator of those cute gnome stamps, just released a new Spring collection at Whiff of Joy Stamps!! I'll be featuring her new images very soon, so stay tuned!! =)

Also, Katherian is have a Whiff of Joy Guest Designer Call, click on the link to find out how to apply!

That's all for now. Hope you have a lovely day! =)


Thanks for stopping by!


ingredients used:
for "Blooming Spring" card:
cardstock, buttons: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Whiff of Joy Stamps, Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
coloring tools: Copic
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

for "Uru" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Neenah Solar White
stamps: Whiff of Joy Stamps, Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
patterned paper: Memory Box
inks: Memonto, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
silk ribbon: Papertrey Ink
punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars (corner rounder)
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

donna mikasa said…
Hi Alice! I saw the new NF images--I want them all! I love your altering tutorial on the WoJ blog. Makes your stamps even more versatile.
NinaB said…
Oh, how cute are these! Thank you for your kind words on my blog. It really means a lot coming from you, friend.
~amy~ said…
excellent cards alice! I really love the gnome one...tooooooooo sweet!!!
Kathy Martin said…
So very cute! As always! :)
Dotty Jo said…
Hi Alice, love your cards - they are fabulous!!! Great papers and punched leaves on that adorable Uru card... Jo x
Tasha said…
Both of these are fabulous Alice, i just love your colourwork, its awesome
love tasha xx
BabyBokChoy said…
Your coloring is just awesome, will you ever get tired of hearing us repeating the same thing? LOVE LOVE those cards.
Barbara said…
Oh Alice, these are both such beautiful cards!!!! I love the softness of your colouring!!!
Tiffany Ervin said…
What a handsome young man on that first card, so perfect are both cards...I love the way you really change and use up your nesties to fit your images!
Maylee said…
Love them both Alice! Your coloring and design is fabulous! Love the leaf punch around the sentiments!
Deirdre said…
Wow, love both your cards. Stunners.
Kathy said…
Wow I love how you altered her Alice and your coloring...yes I must say it again..it's stunning!!!! Does Wiff of Joy sell Digi images??
Love the bird cage card too
xo
Karen B. said…
Your coloring is so spot on for both of these cards, its great that you can go with a patterned paper and make the main panel/image match.
Amy said…
These are both wonderful Alice and you know I just love the altering you did on that second one! :)
Suzanne C said…
Lovely images! The coloring is fantastic as always! Love how you altered that little elf. It is even more adorable in lavendar!
Nancy said…
I really must spend more time at your blog...I'm always so delighted by your work, Alice.
I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, your kindness is truly appreciated!
blessings,
nancy
Jill said…
How do you do it Alice?? Each oneo of your cards is absolutely brimming with creativity, perfect color combos, and just PURE talent!!!
Diana said…
Great designs and super coloring Alice!
sanjeet said…
excellent cards alice! I really love the gnome one
data entry work from home
Kelley Eubanks said…
These are both great!! Love them!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
You and Amy are definitely inspiring me to try the altered look, too! I love these Whiff of Joy images. I have a few coming and can't wait to give them a try! As always, your coloring and design are spectacular! I especially love the Uru and Bird card... yummy!

Popular Posts