Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #58

Hello! It's time for a card for this week's Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge. Here is this week's challenge:


Here is my take on the challenge:


Ok, not very imaginative... I made a tag instead of a card. =) The thing is, I don't even use tags!!?? LOL! Let me know what and how you usually use tags and I'll send this one to ya! I'll pick randomly if there is more than one person that would like to receive this tag. =)


I used the sweet Swimming Lucy for my card. Mmmm.... She is enjoying every last bit of the summer. =) Lucy is colored on Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select White card stock and colored with Copic markers. I cut the tag using the Tags & Bookplates die using watercolor paper, I then embossed it with the Retro Circles embossing folder from the Rays and Retro Circles Texture Fades set. Don't forget to use code wonderland for 10% off at Inspiration Emporium! =)


I then watered down broken china and spiced marmalade distress inks and flicked them on the embossed paper. Here is a tutorial on this technique by the wonderful Sally Traidman from Hero Arts. I let the ink sat on the paper for 30 seconds or so and dabbed the remaining ink dry using a paper towel since I wanted a fainter background that wouldn't overpower the main image. The whole tag is then covered with a layer of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. The clouds were cut using PTI dies and I did the same ink flicking on them. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

That's all I have. Please go and check out what the other design team members came up with for this challenge and find out all the details for the challenge here. Hope you can join us this week! =)





Have a beautiful day and thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (white) Papertrey Ink, (off white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
stamps: (Swimming Lucy) Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, (sentiment) Hero Arts
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
button: Papertrey Ink
seam binding: Lawrence Schiff Silk Mills, Inc.
embossing folder: Sizzix
die:s: (Tag) Sizzix, (clouds) Papertrey Ink
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint
Copics used:
skin: E13, E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: E49, E47, E44, E43
bikini, hair wrap: YR24, YR23, YR31
flower: Y19, Y15, YR09, YR04, YR02
floating ring: YR09, YR07, YR04, YR02, B05, B04, B02, B00
size: 4" x 5 5/8" (with parts sticking out)

Comments

Tiffany Ervin said…
I always love your little tag creations! You always know how to make the most use out of a small space! Love the fun loving image! Perfect for Summer!
itsallrosi said…
a whole lot of techniques going on here. love it! and your coloring is so inspiring!
Susie said…
You've packed a lot into one tag and it's adorable. Love your coloring on the image. I do make and use tags but not near enough. A little package of them makes a lovely gift.
Helle said…
this tag is so cute! and your coloring is awsome as always!
yyam said…
Lovelovelove the texture on your tag! And the happy colors! Just brilliant! :)
BabyBokChoy said…
She is SO SO cute!! my gosh, adorable stuff!
~amy~ said…
soooo cute...love the tag!
Lin said…
She's so cute!! Love your idea, Alice!
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE this.....so Cute Cute Cute.....and your coloring is just the BEST!!!
Unknown said…
such pretty tag! Love it, Alice!
Unknown said…
Your tag is gorgeous, Alice! Love the embossing combined with the flicks of color!
donna mikasa said…
Delightful tag! The splashes of color add to the fun! Love, love, love!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a darling tag! I love the embossing!
alexandra s.m. said…
I want to be HER! heeheehee...
Gorgeous card Alice!
Thank you~
Virginia L. said…
Amazing background and coloring (I ran out of words..and can only use..."amazing")!
Tyggereye said…
This is so cute. I really love those clouds and that background. Gorgeous!

Popular Posts