created for Lucy




Thanks to Kristina Werner's blog post here for her fabulous Homemade Notebook (for a video on how to make the notebook) that gave me the idea of making a sketch notebook for my friend Lucy as her wedding gift. I know Lucy will be on her honeymoon to Greece soon (lucky you, girl!!) and won't be able to make cards, but a sketch notebook will help her quickly record any inspiration that comes to her on the trip.

Since the notebook will probably be tucked in a backpack or hand bag, I think a one layered cover will be the best just in case any sticker or embellishment might fall off or get caught on something else in the bag.

I also made one for myself:


Materials:
For Lucy:
stamps: Studio Calico (letters), Hero Arts (Sending Happy Thoughts CL305)
card stock: jillibean soup (yummy kraft pps!)
ink: CTMH

For myself:
stamps: Studio Calico (letters), Hero Arts (Sending Happy Thoughts CL305, Balancing Owls H5144)
card stock: jillibean soup
ink: CTMH
pen: uni-ball Signo white gel pen

Comments

ivy said…
alice-
love your work glad to see you have a blog too!
ivy
donna mikasa said…
HI Alice! So glad you have a blog, too!
Love the notebooks--I'm inspired to make one!
Lucy Abrams said…
I absolutely LOVE my notebook - it is just wonderful - and has perfect squares and rectangles on the pages to design the cards. Amazing. Thank you SO SO much Alice, XXX

Popular Posts