King of My Heart

Happy Monday, all! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Here is my attempt for the Card Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


I don't know if this is going to be qualified for the challenge, but the concept is definitely from playing cards. I die cut the label/card and hearts using PTI's dies with Coasters. I stamped the ornate swirl from the Reindeer Flight set with Ranger's Pearl Acrylic Paint Dabber then inked the piece with peeled paint, broken china and wild honey distress inks.


The little crown is from a Tim Holtz clear set that I got at my local M's a while ago, but you can find it in the Shabby French set and it's stamped with Ranger's Gold Acrylic Paint Dabber. I inked the hearts with spun sugar and victorian velvet distress inks. The metal wings from Regal Adornments are inked with Bottle, Denim and Snow Cap Alcohol Inks. Jennifer McGuire showed the technique in this video. I love the depth the Snow Cap Alcohol Ink created!


The card base is misted with Ranger Butterscotch Color Wash. I stitched the piece of burlap onto the card base and of course it has to go wonky on me... The sentiment is created with my computer and the strip of paper is inked with tea dye and vintage photo distress inks.

That's it for now. Hope you have a beautiful week! =)





Thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink
specialty paper: (Coasters) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamps: Stampers Anonymous
dye inks: (peeled paints, broken china, wild honey, spun sugar, victoria velvet) Ranger Industries
paint: (Pearl, Gold) Ranger Industries
specialty inks: (Bottle, Denim, Snow Cap Alcohol Inks) Ranger Industries, (Butterscotch Color Wash) Ranger Industries
accents: (metal wings) Tim Holtz for Advantus
font: Lithos Pro
fiber: (burlap)
dies: (Button Card Collection, Heart Prints Collection) Papertrey Ink
tools: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft, sewing machine
other: (foam squares) Recollections, thread
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"


Comments

yyam said…
Such a pretty card! Love the mix of colors and textures here! :)
Anonymous said…
A beautiful work of art Alice!! Wonderful!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja
itsallrosi said…
great card for the challenge!
Maria Therese said…
Love love love your card and really need to get me some of that burlap as that was sooo cool!
farmhouse-story said…
love the burlap and your bkgd technique, alice! such a pretty card!
Brenda said…
Oh Alice! This is such a beautiful card, I love the textures and those wings look awesome!
~amy~ said…
alice, this is wonderful...love the colors and the texture!!!
Lin said…
Wonderful idea for the challenge, Alice - good luck to you!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Alice I love seeing this style from you! Gorgeous colors and stunning design!
Danni said…
Love this...so wonderful! Really like all the texture and the soft colors!
Jeni said…
This is gorgeous Alice! Love the burlap back ground and distressing. ~jeni :)
Karen B. said…
A gorgeous combination of techniques and colors.
alexandra s.m. said…
Incredible card Alice! and of course I saw appreciate your use of various texture!
You're so creative!!

TFS~
The vintage photo distress ink made a stunning classic design! I also love the journaling... cute, cute, cute!
Geraldine said…
Gorgeous card, love all the textures in it, and the techniques you used.
Merry said…
What beautiful colours and textures...such a wonderful card Alice.
Jodi Collins said…
Pure scrappy PERFECTION! LOVE all the texture and the colors on this!!!
Hey Alice! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Virginia L. said…
A very well-thought out card!! Beautiful execution! Love the colors and textures that you created! I hope to see you continue doing these challenges! You have amazing creativity, Alice!
Joy said…
I don't know about you but this card is super beautiful, I love your technique work and that burlap behind is the perfect touch..hugs
Courtney K said…
this card rocks Alice! what an awesome idea. and love the burlap background.

Popular Posts