Christmas Trees & Snowman Framed Doodles

Happy December, all! Can you believe that it's December already? I really should get my act together and start sending out some holiday cards. How about you? I am still making holiday cards and I just hope that I'll have enough. Although I have a feeling that I'll still be making them the day before Christmas... =) Purple Onion Designs is releasing new stamps today. Check them out here. I have a couple of cards made using the holiday stamps released in November to share with you today.


I used the lovely Christmas Trees Framed Doodle set for my first card. These trees are so cute! I stamped the image on PTI's Stamper's Select White card stock, colored them with Copic markers then cut out.


The card base is stamped with Starry Sky from Hero Arts with PIT's Fresh Snow ink. The sentiment is from 12 Days of Christmas by My Mind's Eye and the Sentiment comes with this stamp set.


My second card is made with the adorable Snowman Framed Doodle set. I first colored the image on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock with Copic markers, then trimmed the empty space inside the frame out with a craft knife before cutting the whole image out. I then cut a little piece of pale yellow patterned paper as a background for the framed snowman.


The patterned paper is from 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 Designer Paper Pad as well and the sentiment is also included in the Snowman Framed Doodle set.

That's all for now. Don't forget to check out the new releases and for more inspirations using images from Purple Onion Designs, please visit Purple Onion Designers blog.

That's all I have. Hope you have a beautiful day! =)





Thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (kraft, white) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamps: (Christmas Trees Framed Doodle, Snowman Framed Doodle) Purple Onion Designs, (starry Sky) Hero Arts
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
pigment ink: (Fresh Snow) Ppertrey Ink
coloring medium: Copic
fiber: (burlap string) May Arts
accents: (yellow buttons) Papertrey Ink
die: (scallop border) Sizzix
tools: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft, (decorative scissors) Fiskars, (Corner Chomper) We R Memory Keepers, (sewing machine)
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections
card sizes: 4 1/4" x 4 1/4", 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

Jodi Collins said…
These are AMAZING!!! Your coloring, and these bright colors, are STUNNING!!!
Jeni said…
Get busy, Alice!! I really have no room to talk, I need to get a move on too. Lol
Love your bright, festive Christmas cards. ~jeni :)
Michelle said…
Wow! Such colourful cards Alice:-) I love the whimsical stamps you used, they go so perfectly with the patterned paper and the overall look! Gorgeous!
Mimi said…
These are sooo adorable!! Love the fun colors and POD stamps!! Have a great day Alice!! ;)
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh my gosh, love these super fun and bright colors, makes me very happy!
Geraldine said…
Hi Alice, very cute cards, love the bright colours, best wishes.
Anita Rex said…
Such darling Christmas cards Alice! :> I love what you did with the stamps! BTW hi! Sorry I haven't commented in a bit! :>
Natalie said…
How cute! I love your coloring and these stamps are adorable!!
Hanneke said…
Those cards are so lovely! Love the bright colors! Hugs, Hanneke
Danni said…
Love these cards! They just make you smile! :)
Unknown said…
Gorgeous! Love your color selections :)
dstandard said…
Your cards are all just adorable! LOVE LOVE your color!
Nancy said…
Happy December to you, Alice! December is my favorite month! I love your sweet cards! So colorful and festive!
These ae so cute! Love the colors! Holiday hugs! :-) Amy
June Nelson said…
These are brilliant, I love your colouring and the little stitched piece on the first card is so different its great xxxxx
Jennifer said…
LOVE these adorable xmas cards!!! (= Awesome coloring too!! (=
farmhouse-story said…
alice, these are so darling--love the colors:)
Kathy Martin said…
These are so cute and lots of fun!
Diane Jaquay said…
I LOVE both of these, Alice! The bright colors, the cute images, and the whimsical feel to these cards are absolutely charming!!!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Double Wow Alice! I fell in love with the first design then I realized you had a second card. Love them equally as your choice of colors and design are outstanding!
Sanne said…
Both cards are so festive - love your colors and coloring! HUGS to you sweetie!
BabyBokChoy said…
These are absolutely adorable!!!!
Amanda R said…
Very whimsical Alice, love'em!
So cute and colorful, Alice!
Igagnon76 said…
Alice, i LOVE all these cards! such bright and cheery colors! like you i'm not quite finished making my X-Mas cards either...working on it :)
OMG, these are absolutely gorgeous cards; and I LOVE the images! I have always loved Purple Onion stamps, and your cards feature them beautifully!

Popular Posts