Krafty Girl Challenges # 107

This is my second post of the day. Please click here or scroll down to see my post for The Craft's Meow Preview Day1. Thanks!

Hello all! It's me again. =) I am sharing a card for this week's Krafty Girl Challenges.


This week's hostess is Diana Pickering and she challenged us to use Heat or Dry Embossing. I did dry embossing on the patterned papers. Gotta love the textures! The prize of this week's challenge is Takara which Diana used for her beautiful card.


I used the super fun Lillith for my card. Her facial expression just makes me smile. I guess not every girl can be that calm when there is a frog sitting on her head. =) Lillith is stamped on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock, colored with Copic markers then cut and embossed using a Petite Ovals Large die. It's then matted with a piece of patterned paper cut using a Petite Scalloped Ovals Large die before I stitched the layers together. The sentiment piece is cut and embossed using a Classic Ovals Small die and matted with a piece of patterned paper cut using a Classic Scalloped Ovals Small die.


The patterned paper is from Honey Cake 6x6 Designer Paper Pad by My Mind's Eye. The blue/aqua piece is embossed using Regal Flourishes Texture Fade and the floral piece is embossed using D'vine Swirl. I also use a Classic Petal Edgeabilities die on the blue/aqua piece for a little interest. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Also, just to let you know that this week's Frugal Friday Specials are Mr. Punkinhead, Rudy the Reindeer, Billy Blyth, Speedy the Turtle, Roxy and You are a Treat. These stamps are on sale for 40-50% off and the sale ends on Sunday.

That's all from me. Please check out what the other Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests came up with for this challenge here. Hope you can join us this week! =)





Have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (kraft, white) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamp: (Lillith) Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps
clear stamp: (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
coloring medium: Copic
fiber: (seam binding) Lawrence Schiff Silk Mills, Inc.
accent: (mulberry paper rose)
dies: (ovals, scalloped ovals, border) Spellbinder
embossing folders: (Regal Flourishes) Sizzix, (D'vine Swirl) Provo Craft
tools: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft, (Corner Chomper) We R Memory Keepers, (sewing machine)
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Beate said…
Alice, as always your coloring, layout and paper choices look amazing. Beautiful card.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and smiles
Dotty Jo said…
Gorgeous card Alice - this stamp is so funny, her expression always makes me smile! Jo x
Karen B. said…
Super cute! Great vintage coloring too.
Oh it's so gorgeous!
I love the texture and your fabulous colouring!
Wonderful card.
Love, Mel. xxx
~amy~ said…
soooooooo CUTE...love the colors!
Kimberly said…
Ahhh you gotta love this image, it just makes you smile. You colored her perfectly and i just love your design..tfs
www.justwordz.ca
Amanda R said…
I love this stamp too Alice and great idea to emboss the paper across the top, looks wonderful!
WOW! This is beautiful and your coloring is STUNNING. Did you see on SCS I-Copics is having their DT call? You should apply with these skills girl!!
Jenny said…
This is gorgeous Alice!! Love the way you do your 'ground'!! I am crossing my fingers you *might* have a tutorial on that;) Congrats on your guest spot:)
Tiffany Ervin said…
Hehe..these girls certainly have a fun personality of their own, I love it!
Shirley N said…
Oh what a fun image and so perfectly colored Alice! Beautiful card, love the embossing and DP! Have a great weekend!
Kerri said…
I love this image! It's actually the first stamp I bought from KK:) Your coloring blows me away, girl and that sentiment is just perfect! Super cute!
Cindy Lou said…
The colors and papers that you have choosen match that fun little sweetie just perfectly! Love It! Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing!
farmhouse-story said…
cute, alice! love that image with the cute sentiment!
Tracey said…
An adorable card Alice!
Elizabeth Allan said…
I agree Alice - that embossed texture on the patterned papers is fabulous.
This is fabulous and a great layout! Love that ribbon you used and your color scheme is gorgeous!! :D
Sharon Caudle said…
LOL! I can't help but giggle when I see this cutie pie! Fabulous card, Alice!!!
hugs, Sharon
Jodi Collins said…
Hehe! I LOVE her! She is SO sassy!

Popular Posts