Cupido Henry

Hello, my friends. =) Thank you so much for those of you that have emailed me during my absence. I arrived in Taiwan on the 11th of January intending to spend Chinese New Year with my family since my father was sick. Unfortunately, my father passed away two days after my arrival. I am so grateful that I arrived in time to see him for the last time. I decided to dedicate my blog to him for the duration of my staying in Taiwan and that is why my last post stayed up for so long. Thank you all so much for your support and for visiting me during my absence. It warms my heart to know that you care for me so much and I can't thank you enough for that.

I am coming home on the 1st of February and I'll start posting regularly again. =) Here is a card that I made using a new stamp released by Whiff of Joy Stamps in January and it's for you all. I wish I could send a card to each of you to express my gratefulness. Thanks for sending me your love and here is mine for you! =)


Isn't Henry handsome? =) He is Cupido Henry this time and well, just perfect for Valentine's Day!


Henry is colored on watercolor paper with watercolor pencils and a water brush. After coloring, I cut and embossed the image with a Petite Ovals Small die. The piece is matted with a piece of patterned paper cut using a Petite Ovals Large die before I stitched the layers together. The sentiment piece is cut using a PTI die.


The patterned paper is from Random 6x6 Pad by Crate Paper. I used the Fancy Hearts border die on the dark blue piece and the tiny hearts are leftovers from die cutting the border (yes, I save those, too!). The sentiment is from General Sayings II set.

That's all I have for now. Don't forget to check out the January releases and the new release for February at Whiff of Joy Stamps! Again, thank you, thank you for your warm friendship! =)


Have a beautiful day and thanks for stopping by!

supplies:
cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink, (watercolor) Canson
rubber stamps: Whiff of Joy Stamps
patterned paper: Crate Paper
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
coloring medium: (watercolor pencils) Derwent
fibers: (seam binding) Lawrence Schiff Slik Mills, Inc, (cream crochet thread) DMC
accents: (pink button) Papertrey Ink, (glitter glue) Ranger Industries, (dimensional glaze) Ranger Industries, (paper doily) Royal Lace
dies: (ovals) Spellbinders, (border) Whiff of Joy Stamps
tools: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft, (Corner Chomper) We R Memory Keepers, (sewing machine)
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections
card size: 5" x 5"

Comments

yyam said…
I'm so sorry for your loss Alice. Glad you got to say your goodbye in person.

This is such a cute card! :)

Please take care.
Jay Gee said…
My deepest sympathies Alice. It is lovely to see you back :)
Maria Therese said…
So sweet!! Have been missing your cute cards ♥
Susie said…
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Father. I wondered why you hadn't been posting. I'm glad you got to see him before he passed.
I'm so sorry about your Dad Alice xxx
I guessed from your I love you card post something was not right.

Missed your wonderful cards!
Nice to see your beautiful work again.
Love to you.
Mel. xxx
Karen B. said…
I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing, but how very nice that you were able to see him! Your card is too cute for words. Take care of yourself!
itsallrosi said…
so sorry for your loss, Alice
Annette said…
i'm so sorry! take good care of yourself :)
April said…
So sorry to hear about your Dad.. Glad you made it back to see him. Enjoy the time with your family! It's most important! Have a safe flight home!
Mimi said…
Alice, I'm so sorry about your loss, seems like it was fate that brought you and your family back to see your Dad before he passed. He must have been happy to see everyone. Have a safe flight home! ;)
Jodi Collins said…
Alice, I am SO very sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you were able to get home to see him though...I am sure that was a blessing for both of you. Hugs my sweet friend!
donna mikasa said…
Big hugs to you, sweet friend. Safe journey home. xx
Anonymous said…
I am so sorry about your father. I am glad you got to be with him. Hope you have a safe trip home and take care.
Julie C. said…
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad that you managed to spend some time with him. It is good to have you back! 加油!
BabyBokChoy said…
My deepest sympathies to you Alice... So sorry for your loss. hugs!
alexandra s.m. said…
I am so so sorry Alice.
Words fail to convey how deep my sympathy is.


Your card is beautiful

Big Hugs to You~
farmhouse-story said…
oh, alice, i'm so sorry. what a gift to him that you were able to be with him. hugs to you:)
Beate said…
Oh Alice, I am so sorry for your loss. I am grateful you had two more days with your Dad before he passed away. I wasn't with my Dad when he died and didn't get to say goodbye. It still hurts.
The Dad card underneath is beautiful. Very touching image. I love how Dad bows down to talk to his daughter. As always, your cards look amazing.
Hugs and blessings to you and your family!
Lin said…
Oh, Alice, so very sorry to hear your news.......but I'm glad you were able to be with him in his last days...Sending you hugs.
Deirdre said…
Oh Alice - I am so sorry to read about your Dad's passing. Hugs to you and your family at this difficult time.
Shirley N said…
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family Alice. Glad you had a safe trip home. Your card is beautiful. Sending you love too. Take care dear friend.
Tiffany Ervin said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Alice! I am glad that you did get to see him upon your arrival! Thinking of you and your family!!! Love your sweet card!
Clare said…
Oh my gosh, I'm SO sorry Alice!! Thinking of you, and will say a prayer!! BIG hugs!
Virginia L. said…
HUGS!!!!!!!!! (Miss you tons!)
Tyggereye said…
Your card is lovely. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm glad you were able to make it out there in time to see him. *hugs* I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Popular Posts