Friday, November 15, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #120

This is my second post of the day. Please click here or scroll down to see my post for November Krafty Peeks Day 3. Thanks! =)

Happy Friday, all! =) It's time for a new challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays! This week we are teaming up with Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge and here is the challenge theme.

Use the photo as your inspiration and create a clean and simple card/project for a chance to win! Here is my take on this challenge.


I used the Christmas theme as my inspiration and created the wreath using the flowers from Christmas Carols set. As Jennifer McGuire showed in this video, I used a circle die as template and drew a light pencil circle as a guide and stamped the flowers accordingly to form the wreath.


The sentiment is also from the Christmas Carols set. I added a bit of ribbon tab and wood button to embellished the card. I think the red in the ribbon and twine carries the red in the wreath to the red card base quite nicely. =)


This week's sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. Don't forget to find out what the other Girl Fridays created for this challenge and see all the challenge details here!

Have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (Rustic White, Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink
clear stamps: (flowers, sentiment) CAS-ual Fridays
dye inks: (Simply Chartreuse, Limeade Ice, Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink, (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
fiber: (red/white baker's twine) Martha Stewart Crafts, (ribbon) May Arts
accent: (wood button) Maya Road
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 3 3/4" x 5 1/4"

10 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I have to CASE this card. Your wreath is so clever!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors you used on this - how cute with the button and tab!

Tracey McNeely said...

Alice this is so fantastic, I have that set in my cart already!

Rose said...

LOVE the wreath :)

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous stamping!! Love this, Alice!

Stacey Schafer said...

How lovely, Alice!

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Alice! Love the clean style and pretty wreath!

mgoll88 said...

wonderfull card creation =)

LG
Michaela

Greta said...

I love wreaths & yours is wonderful--perfectly created! The ribbon treatment & wooden button really finish it off--you've inspired me!

Merry said...

So lovely Alice

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive