Christmas Pastries

Hello, my friends! Thanks so much for your patience and for your well wishes. My father is doing okay. I hate to burden you with details, in short, he is functioning as normal and is in as good a state as we could hoped for as of now. I have decided that I should go back and visit as often as I can and there will be more two-week absence on commenting from me in the coming year. I apologize ahead of time for that and thank you for your understanding. =)

On to today's card. One more card made using a beautiful image from Whiff of Joy Stamps' November release.


I first trimmed a piece of Papertrey Ink's Rustic Cream cardstock to size then stamped the new Christmas Pastries image and sentiment from Sweet Christmas set using Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (must have tool for stampers!). The image is colored with Copic markers.


I stamped the text from Essential Backgrounds - Text Style set with Antique Linen distress ink then inked the piece with Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress inks. The very edges of the paper is inked with Gathered Twigs distress ink from Tim's Limited Edition Fall 2011 ink set. Some Antique Linen Distress Stickles is then applied to the edges of the piece.


The edges of the inside of the card is finished the same way except that I stamps the bell image from Christmas Accessories set for a little interest.


A very simple card this time. Hope you likie! =) Don't forget to check out the fabulous new releases at Whiff of Joy Stamps!





Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!





supplies:
cardstock: (Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamps: Whiff of Joy Stamps
dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko, (Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs) Ranger Industries
accent: (glitter glue) Ranger Industries
tool: (Corner Chomper) We R Memory Keepers
other: (foam tape) 3M
Copcis used:
skin: E13, E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: E79, E77, E74, E71
dress: R27, R24, R22, RV42
apron: Y38, R24, R22, YG17, YG03, YG01, E21, E51, E50
shoes: R27, R24, R22, RV42, Y38, YG17, YG03, YG01
oven mittens: YG17, YG03, YG01, E21, E51, E50
cookies & tray: E39, E35, E33, E31, Y28, Y26, Y21, Y11
shadow: W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00, 0
card size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Comments

Maria Therese said…
Gorgeous card sweetie ♥ And love the detail of the one rounded corner ♥ Beautiful coloring as always ♥
Susie said…
So beautiful and precious. Love your coloring.
June Nelson said…
Gorgeous and such a cute little image xxxx
Karen B. said…
Such a sweet image and card.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful, inside and out (and I'm not only talking about the card here, I mean you as well) :D
Love
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja
Geraldine said…
gorgeous, love the image and your colouring. Best wishes to you and your family.
Jodi Collins said…
This is SO gorgeous Alice! What a precious image and your coloring, as usual, is breathtaking!
I am sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family!
Lin said…
Dear Alice, sending you and your family prayers during this time. And hugs to you.
Elizabeth Allan said…
Alice your artistic talent shows inside and out! You are in my thoughts....
Diane Jaquay said…
What a darling (and beautifully colored), little image that is! Fabulous work as always :)
Dotty Jo said…
I 'likie' lots and lots Alice! Don't apologise for taking time out... family first every time. Big hugs, Jo x
Brandi said…
I'm glad to here that your father is doing better. :) Your card is so sweet. Love your wonderful little details like the text stamp and the stickles. :)
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Yowser, Alice, you never cease to delight me with your superb coloring skills! The shadowing under the image really adds to the vintage look of this card. BRAVO!!!

Hugs,
Lisa
Tiffany Ervin said…
It's good to hear you are back safely and had spent time with your family! I'm thinking of you and your dad today and I'm glad you will be able to visit him more often in 2012! Big hugs!
~amy~ said…
Super sweet! Hang in there Alice!
Virginia L. said…
I know how tough it must be for you to come back. BUT you are planning to visit soon and so that is good! I am amazed at the shading and coloring of this card...your talent is astounding! Sending big hugs to you, my friend! xoxo
Natalie said…
Alice, this is so pretty and your coloring is gorgeous! You have such a wonderful talent!
Gorgeous card, Alice. Beautiful coloring as always. :)
Shirley N said…
Beautiful card Alice! And apologies are not necessary--take care of your family and yourself! Thinking of you, big hugs!
Beate said…
I am sorry to hear about your Dad but I am glad he is doing allright. I am glad you could fly over to be with him.

Your card is gorgeous, like all your creations.

Big {{{{cyber hugs}}}}

Popular Posts