Tuesday, May 19, 2015

True Friends + Proof Positive


Hi ya, all! =) My Favorite Things is featured in the "To Die For" column in Create Magazine's May issue. A few of the MFT design team and challenge team members created projects using Proof Positive Cover-Up and Picnic Basket dies showing different ways that you can use these dies.


I chose to work with the fun Proof Positive Cover-Up die.


 I cut a piece of watercolor paper using the Proof Positive Cover-Up die and used the cut out as a stencil to create the background for my card. I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor to fill in the spots.


The sentiment is from True Friends set. To continue the watercolor look, I inked the sentiment with black and bronze watercolor before stamping. The piece is then mounted on a Persimmon card base with foam tape.

That's all I have. Please visit Create Magazine to see all the projects created by the MFT team and that's also where you can find the brand new May issue of Create magazine! =)

Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (Persimmon) My Favorite Things, (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
clear stamp: (True Friends) My Favorite Things
color medium: (Gansai Tambi watercolor) Kuretake ZIG
accent: (enamel dot) My Mind's Eye
sticker: (black/silver stripes Japanese washi tape) mt Kamoi Kakoshi
die: (Proof Positive Cover-Up) My Favorite Things
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 5 1/4" x 3 5/8"

5 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

Love your take SO much, Alice! The variation of the watercolors are simply gorgeous! Have a fabulous day!

Dotty Jo x said...

Such a clever effect - looks great, Jo x

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE how you used the cover up, very cool but soft kind of pixellated look!

Lisa Lara said...

Love the water coloring and such a cool card Alice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive