April 2013 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

Hi ya, all! I am joining in on the Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop today! Here is the challenge for the blog hop.


The challenge is to design on an angle and I decided to combine the challenge with this week's Make It Monday #113 which is to use Perfect Pearls on your project(s).


I first stamped the v from Irresistibly Ikat set with VersaMark then brushed on Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl, Turquoise and Plum. The sentiment from the same stamp set is brushed with Perfect Pearl.


After brushing the excess powders off, I spritzed the piece with some water then dried it with a heat gun. I vaguely remember Mr. Tim Holtz has mentioned that water help sets the powder and it seemed to work. The piece is then mounted on a white card base.

That's all from me. You can find all the entries for the blog hop here and the details for Make It Monday #113 here! =)

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: (clear, Autumn Rose) Papertrey Ink
clear stamps: Papertrey Ink
watermark ink: Tsukineko
accent: (pigment powder) Ranger Industries
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Pamela said…
Whoa... look at that shiny-ness of the perfect pearls!
donna mikasa said…
Wow! What a dazzling card! Love this, Alice!
Leigh Penner said…
This stamp looks great on an angle like that! Fabulous job with the challenge!
Camilla said…
Super nice background with the perfect pearls - it looks really good.
JJ Bolton said…
Those are some sexy cards today Alice;) Too cool!
Virginia L. said…
VERY striking, Alice! I love the PP effect with the tilted design! Awesome work, my friend!
Nina Yang said…
Love, love this card, Alice!
Kelly Griglione said…
Alice, your card totally stood out in the gallery for me! Fantastic stamping, and the perfect pearls turned out amazing on your card!!
maria f. said…
Love that you used that technique with the tilt. I was wondering what would happen if you spritzed (I too remember Mr. Tim's chemistry lesson). TFS.
Tracey McNeely said…
Perfect ikat Alice! Love the Perfect pearls, something I haven't try.
alexandra s.m. said…
Gorgeous card Alice!
Thank You for sharing the making of ;-)
Nana Diana said…
That's gorgeous, Alice!! You are such an adventurous girl and I love your style(s)!!
Courtney K said…
what a stunning card, Alice!
Larissa Heskett said…
WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your takes on the Two Challenges!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)
cards by cara said…
Great use of perfect pearls and the ikat stamps!! Superb creations!
Anita Rex said…
I love your card! It looks so great in both photos, so different! And I bet it was fun to make!
Kristii said…
Love, love, love your slanted ikat border!!
yyam said…
Oh wow. This is sooooo eye-catching!
Jacquie Southas said…
Very cool combination of the challenges!
Jane said…
Is there no end to your creativity? Awesome work Alice - I love it.
Hugs
Jane
~ Jo ~ said…
Love this Alice! I actually made a card that is on my blog for the same challenge but missed the deadline LOL... have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
JO
xox
Elizabeth S. said…
Such a great design. Beautifully done.
Rose said…
stunning!!!! :)
Taheerah said…
This is amazing Alice!! The shine from the Perfect Pearls is amazing, and I love the original and unique use of the ikat pattern on the diagonal like that! Very inspiring!!

Popular Posts