Leafy Vines

Hello, all! =) I was mesmerized by all the samples created by the Design Team for the Runway Inspired Challenge #33 and thought that I'd play along. Here is the inspiration style.


I really like the subtle pink and blue on the background and used watered down ink to create mine on watercolor paper.


I pressed the ink pads on my craft sheet, spritzed the ink with water then dragged the watercolor paper through it to create the subtle look. Since the watercolor paper that I have has textures on the right side and I wanted the stamping to show up nicely, I used the back side (smoother side) of the paper for this card.


The beautiful Leafy Vines from Hero Arts is stamped with Mustard Seed and a few spritz of water. The sentiment is from Find Joy set also from Hero Arts. I was hoping the Japanese washi tape strips and embellishments would add a bit of modern vibe to the otherwise traditional image. =) I am also submitting this card to the Just for Her March Contest over at Hero Arts Blog/Flickr Group. You can find the challenge details here.

That's all for now. Have a beautiful day, my friends! =)

Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink
other paper: (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
rubber stamp: (Leafy Vines) Hero Arts
clear stamp: (sentiment) Hero Arts
dye inks: (Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed) Ranger Industries
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
accents: (black sequin) Ellen Hutson, (pink enamel dots) My Mind's Eye
stickers: (pink/blue stripes, black Japanese washi tape) Kamoi Kakoshi
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful card, Alice! Love that HA stamp and watercolour look:)
Dotty Jo said…
Lovely colours and great stamping - I'm so into yellow at the moment! Jo x
Cecilia Hsieh said…
Beautiful take on the sketch!
Sue said…
So beautiful Alice. I love the soft background colours and wonderful leafy vines.
Sue xx
Taheerah said…
Beautiful card Alice! That watercolour background is breathtaking!!
Unknown said…
Just beautiful, Alice!
Shelly said…
Very pretty card!! I love how you did your background..the colors are amazing!! :)
Carla S. said…
Gorgeous card, Alice!
Virginia L. said…
Gorgeous design, Alice! I love love the stamping and how you used the Washi Tape to ground the composition! The shading in the background is stunning! So glad that you join the fun with us over Runway Inspired challenge! PS: I love it even more now that I see it with the runway photo! You rock!
Anonymous said…
You really nailed it with this; love the shading in the background and how well you balanced all the cool elements.
Such a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration picture!
Carol L said…
What a wonderful take on the inspirational photo, with just enough color accents to make it special! NJ!
Nat said…
gorgeous!! love this :)
yyam said…
So pretty! Love the stamping and the bits of washi! :)
Amy Johnson said…
Wow! THis is so stunning! Love the watercolored background and the mustard flourish! So pretty!
Chunyuan said…
stunning card, Alice. Love the watercolor background and the pop of black tape.
alexandra s.m. said…
absolutely gorgeous Alice!
Thank You~
~ Jo ~ said…
Alice this is just GORGEOUS!!!!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Popular Posts