Inspired By Jill Foster

Hello! I am so excited that I get to take over Jill Foster's blog - Inspired by... for a day today. Please hop over to Jill's blog and see the card that I made. Big thank you to Jill for inviting me, it's such an honor! =) I decided that since I took over Jill's blog with my usual cute style, I'll let Jill's amazing inking style take over my blog for a day. Or at least I tried to mimic Jill's fabulous inky style. Here it is.


I must have tried this for over ten times. I wanted to make a fall card with this winter stamp from the Merriest Christmas Wishes set by Hero Arts. I tried inking it with distress inks and distress stains with different color combinations and liked none of the results. When my order of Faber Castell Red/Yellow Gelatos arrived, I decided to give them a try and finally I got what I wanted! =)


I applied the Gelatos directly onto the stamp with three colors, spritzed it with water and I liked these colors so much better! I did used extra water and the paint brush that came with the set to blend the three colors together. I just get the brush wet and use a circular motion to blend. Jennifer McGuire made a video on projects with Gelatos in this video.


The background is created with vintage photo distress stain. I swiped it across the paper like Jill did in this video. I love the woodgrain-ish effect. The Flower Dot Pattern (it's 25% off at Two Peas!) background is then stamped with vintage photo distress ink. The design of the card is inspired by this card. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I am submitting this to the Everything Autumn challenge over a the Hero Arts Blog/Flickr group, you can see the challenge details here.

That's all I have. Please don't forget to hop over to Jill's blog to see the other card that I made! =)





Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (white) Papertrey Ink, (off white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
stamps: (Merriest Christmas Wishes, Flower Dot Pattern) Hero Arts, (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Ranger Distress Stain
specialty ink: Faber Castell Gelatos
twine, pearl: Whiff of Joy Stamps
other: foam tape, foam squares
card size: 4 3/8" x 4 3/8"

Comments

Cheri said…
WOW! This card is beautiful. I like the seasonal colors and how you arrived at the finished product. Thanks for sharing your number of attempts.
~amy~ said…
sooo pretty Alice!
Karen B. said…
This turned out beautiful!
Agata said…
This card is simply yummy! Love Fall colors together! And a wonderful use of that winter stamp!
BabyBokChoy said…
Lovely fall colors, tweet tweet tweet :)
Kelly Booth said…
WOW So PRETTY Alice...Love this!! I really Want this stamp....must get it!! Your card is just so Very Pretty...!! Hugs!
alexandra s.m. said…
Such a gorgeous card!
You have really captured AUTUMN Alice!
TFS~
Sue McRae said…
Fantastic background colours for the trees!
Brenda said…
Hi Alice! I really, really love the colors you achieved here! This is a super card!
Stamping Cafe said…
Yay... sista!! This is GORGEOUS, Alice!! Totally love it and love ya too!
Ida said…
Gorgeous! I love the warm, vibrant colors. Perfect for fall.
donna mikasa said…
Gorgeousness!! You've inspired me to play with my Gelatos....they're still in the package! Such a beautiful effect and I love the warm colors!
Kathy Martin said…
Love your tweet little bird card!
farmhouse-story said…
stunning bkgd, alice!-love the fall colors! and congrats on your guest spot! (your card over there was SO cute:)
Elizabeth Allan said…
Stunning Alice. The colors are magnificent.
Tiffany Ervin said…
I'm loving this stamp the more I see it used! Such wonderful autumnal colors, love it Alice!
sunghee said…
What a card! Gorgeous! I love the vibrant color and now I'm convinced to buy the gelatos
Vanessa said…
Oh, this is gorgeous! Love it!!
Ruth S said…
Gorgeous ink-ness Alice! I love this card ;)
Thanks for the inspiration to try something different from our usual style, Rx
Helle said…
i really love this card!!

Popular Posts