Swanky Snowdudes

Hi all! Here is a card that I made for the SPARKS Challenge over at the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Blog.


Here is the inspiration photo for the challenge.


Here is my take on it.


I was inspired by the colors (hot pink, mint, kelly green and kraft) in the photo and used them for my card. I used the lovely snowman from the Swanky Snowdudes set. He is stamped on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock and colored with Copic markers.


The background is created by dragging a piece of watercolor paper through a pool of ink created by smashing (ink pads) a little bit of shabby shutters and lots of tumbled glass distress inks onto my craft sheet plus lots of water. I then stamped the snowflakes from the same stamp set with tumbled glass distress ink. The sentiment is also from the Swanky Snowdudes set. The seam binding is dyed with the leftover ink from making the background.

That's it for now. Find out all the details for the challenge here. Have a fantastic day, my friends! =)





Thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock: (kraft card base, white) Papertrey Ink
specialty paper: (off white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
clear stamps: Paper Smooches
dye inks: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko, (Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters Distress) Ranger Industries
coloring medium: Copic
fiber: (seam binding) Lawrence Schiff Silk Mills, Inc.
accents: (glitter pen) Copic
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

yyam said…
Awww....how cute is this! :)
Cheri said…
I love this card. Your colors are gorgeous. I've been looking at this stamp set all month. Buying it today. Thanks.
Brilliant Christmas card Alice.
Love the colours and brill sentiment!
Love, Mel.
Susie said…
So adorable!!! What a great sentiment and such a sweet snowman. I love snowmen.
Karen B. said…
So cool, clean and simple!
Lin said…
Just makes me smile!
Tyggereye said…
This is so adorable. So CAS you could make a whole lot of these and mass produce if you wanted, but they are so pretty it would never looked just mass produced. gorgeous!!
BabyBokChoy said…
Love the cas card!!! adorable stuff :)
Tiffany Ervin said…
That is one super adorable TALL snowman! Love him!
Brenda said…
This is such a beautiful take on this challenge! Love it! Great clean design!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Alice I looooove this card. The more I look the more I see. I really like the watercolor paper background design too. Oh, and that snowman is adorable.
Maria Therese said…
coolest card sweetie ♥
Kathy Martin said…
And the coolest card! LOVE that snow guy! :)
ALICE!!!! Love this card so much! Especially the background and the ribbon -- haven't done that technique for a long time, you made me want to try it again! And thanks so much for your comment on my blog, you really made me smile! Hugs to you my sweet friend! :)
farmhouse-story said…
adorable cute, alice, and i really like your bkgd technique! happy wcmd!
Virginia L. said…
DARLING!! Love your sweet card! (I also made something for this challenge...)Love your version!
Helle said…
what a cool card!!
Courtney K said…
love the pop of pink and green!
Emily Leiphart said…
This is so sweet, Alice! I love it. I miss coming here. I hope you're well!!
The brill sentiment is gorgeous and your choice of color is great! The bow made the design look cool!
Joy said…
Super fun Christmas card, great take on the challenge, Hugs!

Popular Posts