washi skyline

Hiya, all! =) Here is a card that I made for Paper Crafts November Gallery Challenge.


This month's challenge is "All About Decorative Tape" and for my love of Japanese washi tape, I'll have to give this challenge a try! =) I covered a piece of cardstock with various washi tapes then die cut the piece with My Favorite Things Solid Skyline die.


I stamped Hero Arts Starry Sky in black on the Smokey Shadow cardstock rectangle and added Diamond Stickles to the larger stars on the background for a little sparkle. The sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Holiday set is stamped with Encore! Ultimate Metallic Gold ink. Also in the photo are the washi tapes that I used for the skyline die cut.

That's it for now. I think the deadline of the gallery challenge is Monday, so there is still time to submit! =)


Have a beautiful day and thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: (Rustic White, Smokey Shadow) Papertrey Ink
wood stamp: (Starry Sky) Hero Arts
clear stamp: (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
dye inks: (True Black) Papertrey Ink
pigment ink: (Encore! Ultimate Metallic Gold) Tsukineko
accent: (Diamond Stickles) Ranger Industries
stickers: (all Japanese washi tapes) Kamoi Kakoshi
die: (Solid Skyline) My Favorite Things
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Caroline said…
Fantastic card Alice love the use of washi tape. Caroline xxx
Sue said…
This is wonderful Alice. I love the way you have used the tape and the sentiment is beautiful

Sue
Nancy said…
Such a FUN and creative way to use tape! Love this!
Pajalu said…
What a great card Alice. I love how you used that washi tape.
~amy~ said…
washi skyline...love this!
Happy Thanksgiving!
alexandra s.m. said…
Love your card and that urban feel Alice!
TFS~
Beate said…
I love how you used the washi tape here. Awesome!
this is so cool alice! what a fab idea and it is so effective. awesomeo! :D
Amy Johnson said…
Wow! this is so creative! I love it!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Clever creativity creating striped paper with your Washi tapes Alice!
Virginia L. said…
VERY creative, Love it, Alice!!
BabyBokChoy said…
FINALLY, this is the first time I think I've looked at washi tape and thought, okay, now that's worth getting! Otherwise, I just couldn't figure out how different it is from strips of paper. lol. This is helpful!!!
Kathy Martin said…
Ohhhh...Lovely washi city! Happy Thanksgiving, Alice!
Karen B. said…
What a clever idea Alice, and a really modern card.
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE doing this with my Washi too...such a great card!! xo
Rose said…
LOVE the cool washi tape skyline :)
~ Jo ~ said…
Oh my gosh this is sooo cute!!!! LOVE IT! Great use of washi tape. I have tons of this stuff and never know what to do with it. Thanks for the inspiration Alice. And Happy Turkey Day!!!


Hugs,
Jo
Merry said…
Fantastic use of Washi Tape....love the die you have used.

Popular Posts