True Friends + Proof Positive


Hi ya, all! =) My Favorite Things is featured in the "To Die For" column in Create Magazine's May issue. A few of the MFT design team and challenge team members created projects using Proof Positive Cover-Up and Picnic Basket dies showing different ways that you can use these dies.


I chose to work with the fun Proof Positive Cover-Up die.


 I cut a piece of watercolor paper using the Proof Positive Cover-Up die and used the cut out as a stencil to create the background for my card. I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor to fill in the spots.


The sentiment is from True Friends set. To continue the watercolor look, I inked the sentiment with black and bronze watercolor before stamping. The piece is then mounted on a Persimmon card base with foam tape.

That's all I have. Please visit Create Magazine to see all the projects created by the MFT team and that's also where you can find the brand new May issue of Create magazine! =)

Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (Persimmon) My Favorite Things, (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
clear stamp: (True Friends) My Favorite Things
color medium: (Gansai Tambi watercolor) Kuretake ZIG
accent: (enamel dot) My Mind's Eye
sticker: (black/silver stripes Japanese washi tape) mt Kamoi Kakoshi
die: (Proof Positive Cover-Up) My Favorite Things
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 5 1/4" x 3 5/8"

Comments

Virginia L. said…
Love your take SO much, Alice! The variation of the watercolors are simply gorgeous! Have a fabulous day!
Dotty Jo said…
Such a clever effect - looks great, Jo x
Miriam Prantner said…
LOVE how you used the cover up, very cool but soft kind of pixellated look!
Lisa Lara said…
Love the water coloring and such a cool card Alice.

Popular Posts