Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

Hello, every one! I am joining in the Papertrey Ink March Blog Hop today! =) And here is the challenge for the blog hop.


It's "Sequins" and I thought I would give it a try since I also fell in love with this crafty trend. =) This card is also my homework for Day 3 of the Pattern Play Online Card Class that I am taking. Okay, I know that I am really slow at turning in my homework, but better late than never, right? =)


Day 3 of the class was talking about how to use those hard to use and bold patterns you have in your stash. I made the mistake of using the same paper as THE Kristina Werner (I think hers is the 12x12 version), I almost changed things up when I realized it, but this was the only paper that I was happy with in my 6x6 stash. For those of you that have seen Kristina's card knew that hers is infinitely better (naturally), but hey, I gave it a try! =)


I die cut the piece of patterned paper from Crate Paper's Paper Heart 6x6 paper pad using PTI's Beautiful Beads Die, then reconstructed the patterned back on my card base. The sentiment is from Everyday Photo Finishers set and is stamped on an coordinating die-cut cut from Photo Finish Strips Die Collection. A few melon sequins were added to some of the flower centers and I added a bit of feathers for a little extra fun. =)

That's all I have for now. Go here to see all the entries for this fun blog hop!


Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
dye ink: (Ture Black) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: Create Paper
accents: (melon sequins) Ellen Hutson, (feathers) Michaels
dies: (Beautiful Beads Die, Photo Finish Strips Die Collection) Papertrey Ink
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Virginia L. said…
Truly beautiful! Awesome ways to use pattern paper and sequins!! Love the gorgeous design, Alice!
Taheerah said…
I was like, 'dude, where's your sequins?'. Absolutely *perfect* placement of your little goodies - they work *so* well with your patterned paper!! Which, by the way, you totally rocked!! Love the addition of the feathers too - awesomeness all round!!!
~amy~ said…
lovely work Alice!
Kristii said…
Very pretty!! I love how you used the beautiful beads die!!! Way fun!
Nancy Penir said…
This is so clever. Looks like I could use a class or two!
Love your bling and feathers too.
Unknown said…
Beautiful card! Love that you incorporated coordinating feathers too!
very sweet and lovely! love the feathers! :)
Sadie said…
That is so neat the way you cut up the wedges for this card. All very pretty! Love the paper
A Crafty Person said…
I like the way you used the bead die and re-constructed it. Very lovely card!
Tenia Nelson said…
What a super RAD card!!
Leigh Penner said…
This is gorgeous! I love how you used the bead dies to cut your patterned paper and then put it back together! And those feathers are fabulous, too!
Therese said…
JUST a beautiful card!!
yyam said…
Love how funky this is with the feathers and sequins! Really cool Alice!
Sue said…
WOW!! This is stunning Alice. I love the design and the sequins and feathers look wonderful
Sue xx
~ Jo ~ said…
Such a beautiful card! I love the colors and pattern... and those feathers really add character!

Hugs,
Jo
xox
Kelly S. said…
So awesome, Alice! With the cool patterned paper, the perfectly placed sequins and the awesome feathers this card is trendy, TRENDY good fun!
how effective! i love the look of this and the little feathers are gorgeous :)
Amy Johnson said…
I'm really happy that sequins are making a comeback. I have a ton of old sequins in my stash that I never used. They are so inexpensive and remain 'flat' for mailing, unlike a lot of other embellishments. Love your card! The feathers are fabulous.
Michelle said…
Those feathers are fabulous!
scrapn_momof2 said…
So unique and gorgeous!!
Nancy said…
What a wonderful design, Alice! Love the way you used the patterned paper. So creative!
mgoll88 said…
What a fantastic idea to cut the paper and glue it on that way...very effectiv..love it!

LG
Michaela
This is really pretty! At first I thought you had tied a string around the card to get that effect! Lovely. I love the paper you used too, florals are my favorite! Hugs!
Danielle
Jodi Collins said…
GORGEOUS! LOVE the feathers!!!

Popular Posts