Spring Groves & Happy Camper

Happy Sunday, my friends! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!  =) I am sharing a project that was lucky enough to be published in the fabulous Handmade Home Decor issue.


I had a couple of embroidery hoops sitting around since I was into cross-stitching/embroidery before I started feverishly making cards. I had the idea of building a little scene on the hoop for a while, but this submission call really pushed me to try it.


The images from Paper Smooches' Spring Groves and Happy Camper sets are paper pieced using paper from Country Drive 6x6 Paper Pad by Echo Park. This was a fun project to make! =) You can find a copy of this inspiring issue here!


That's all for today. Hope you have fantastic day! =)

Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: (Dark Chocolate) Papertrey Ink
clear stamps: (trees, deer, sentiment) Paper Smooches
patterned paper: Echo Park
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
accents: (pearls) Recollections
tools: (grass, butterfly punches) Martha Stewart Crafts
other: (foam tape) 3M, (embroidery hoop) Michaels

Comments

awww this is so cute alice!! love the little scene :) congrats on being published!! :D
Deborah said…
That's so beautiful!!! LOVE it!!!
Sue said…
This is gorgeous, Such a lovely design and beautiful colours.
Well done on being published.
Sue xx
Dotty Jo said…
How wonderful! Happy Easter Alice, Jo x
~amy~ said…
Ooops...that last comment is from me Alice:)
Virginia L. said…
I am so glad that you tried out your excellent idea because this is one super lovely art work! CONGRATS on the pub! You are Ah-MAZING...but you know that already! Happy Easter!
Nat said…
this is wonderful Alice! Love the sweet dear and your use of the hoop. Congrats to you, this is amazing! Happy Easter :)
BabyBokChoy said…
This is absolutely adorable!
donna mikasa said…
Cuteness!! Congrats on being published! I love it!! Happy Easter, sweet friend!
Shirley N said…
Oh what a beautiful scene Alice, this is so sweet! Not surprising that you were published--congrats! Happy Easter to you and DH! Hugs!
Taheerah said…
I *so* adore this Alice! So perfect and beautiful and pretty!! Amazing work!!
Chunyuan said…
so adorable. love the layers. congrats on the publication.
Amy Johnson said…
This is so cute and creative! I love it!
yyam said…
Congrats on being published! This is sooooooo adorable! :)
Kim C said…
Aww, this is one of the cutest projects I've seen! As always, your talent blows me away! Just awesome and absolutely deserved to be published!
scrapn_momof2 said…
This is so clever and cute Alice!! I don't know how I missed it yesterday. Super cute!!

Popular Posts