Blue Note

Happy Monday, all! =) Here is a card for the Emboss It challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.


I used the negative of Kelly Purkey's Triangles die as stencil and light modeling paste/embossing paste to create the background for the focal point panel.


The die cut feathers are "dipped" in Tarnished Brass Distress Paint and the sentiment is from the stamp set included in Studio Calico's Blue Note Card Kit by Mama Elephant.

That's all for now. Have a fabulous day, my friends! =)

Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: Mama Elephant for Studio Calico
dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
accents: (gold sequins) Avery Elle
paint: (Tarnished Brass Distress Paint) Ranger Industries
dies: (Triangles) Kelly Purkey/Simon Says Stamp, (feathers) Simon Says Stamp
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M, (light modeling paste) Liquitex
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

mgoll88 said…
Very fantatsic creations, looks cool!

LG
Michaela
Kelly Booth said…
Soooooooo Pretty!!! Xoxo
~amy~ said…
So gorgeous Alice...I have some of the modeling paste on my desk, waiting for me to use it.
~amy~ said…
So gorgeous Alice...I have some of the modeling paste on my desk, waiting for me to use it.
Shelly said…
This is so pretty! :) Love!
Virginia L. said…
SUPERB!! I love the textures of the modeling paste!! This is one gorgeous and sophisticated card, Alice!
Christiana said…
Oh my goodness, Alice! This is just … well, words fail me! Gorgeous, fantastic, fabulous… they all fall short. Simply stunning. Maybe just WOW says it all.
Janet said…
I love the gold sequins. Beautiful card :)
Kathy Martin said…
So artsy! Fantastic! :)
Sandy said…
Oh sweet Alice - I love your card and the wonderful sentiment. Bravo! Well done.
Sandy
cheiron said…
This is GORGEOUS! Love the dipped feathers. Thanks so much for playing along with the Emboss It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!
Katherine said…
Terrifically trend-setting card! Love the way you used the die as a stencil template. I want to feature your card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know. Love your work!

Popular Posts