Thinking of You

Hi ya, all! Laura Davis from the popular 2 Sketches 4 You is now hosting a fun sketch challenge on her personal blog The Paper Poppy! I decided to try out her January sketch before the deadline. Here is the sketch.


It's Laura's signature simple and chic sketch and here is my take on it.


I stay pretty close to the sketch this time. =)


This also gave me the perfect excuse to play with my February Card Kit of the Month from Simon Says Stamp. The patterned paper is from Fresh Cuts 6x6 Paper Pad by BasicGrey and the sentiment is from Thinking of You set. I am also linking this up to the Anything Goes with Twine or String challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog since there are some string loops behind the speech bubbles.

That's all from me. A new Poppy Sketch will be posted on The Paper Poppy on February 1st, don't forget to check it out! =)

Have a sweet day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink, (vellum) Simon Says Stamp
clear stamp: (sentiment) Simon Says Stamp
patterned paper: BasicGrey
watermark ink: Tsukineko
embossing powder: (white) Hero Arts
accents: (orange, pink, teal enamel dots) My Mind's Eye, (thread)
die: (speech bubble) Simon Says Stamp
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 3 7/8" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Sylvia Blum said…
Adorable card and GREAT take on the sketch, Alice!!!
Sylvia xx
Lisa Lara said…
Love how you used this sketch Alice.
~amy~ said…
ALICE. I love this! The combo of the sweet gingham and that sentiment...swoon.
scrapn_momof2 said…
Great take on the sketch. Adorable card Alice.
Laura Davis said…
Alice, this is such a sweet card, I love the layered circles and your twine technique!! Thank you for playing with the 1st Poppy Sketch!
Laura
Virginia L. said…
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the embossed sentiment on vellum! I love the way you used the pattern paper and strings! LOVE!
Dotty Jo said…
Totally awesome, Jo x
Amy C said…
Beautiful card.....love the layered focal point.
Amy Kolling said…
OMG.....this is a fantastic card Alice!!! I am drooling over the layered sentiment!
Lin said…
Just love this, Alice - your take on the sketch and your use of twine are wonderful, as always! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!
Love your card Alice! So stylish!!
Martha said…
WOW...this is one BEAUTIFUL card, Alice!

Since I really enjoy using patterned paper, this pretty paper has been catching my eye, & you've used it SO beautifully! I love the design! Well done!

Popular Posts