I Like You

Hi ya, all! I am "turing in" my first homework for Online Card Classed: Stenciled.


I was inspired by one of Jennifer McGuire's card from Day 1 of the class. Jennifer showed us how to create a layered look with your stencils. Hum… I don't' know why the colors look all wonky here, but I only used two ink colors to ink the stencil.


In stead of using a stencil, I used the cut out from Papertrey Ink's Center Stage Cover Plate die. I positioned my stencil at a diagonal and inked it with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, shifted it a little and inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. I kind of like the retro colors and design. =) The sentiment is from I Like You set by Kelly Purkey for Simon Says Stamp. I also traced the sentiment with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen to add a little shine.

That's all for now. Have a fabulous day, my friends! =)

Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (white) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: (sentiment) Kelly Purkey/Simon Says Stamp
dye inks: (Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry) Ranger Industries, (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
accent: (Wink of Stella glitter pen) ZIG
die: (Center Stage Cover Plate Die) Papertrey Ink
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
card size: 3 5/8" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Sherry Eckblad said…
Alice love your first homework assignment. Great stencil, colors and that sentiment.
Kristie Goulet said…
Alice, I saw this in the online card class gallery and I just had to pop on over and comment on it. It is AWESOME!!!! Love the design and colors!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Super cool card Alice!
Unknown said…
What a fun card! Love how the stenciling is off set!
Nonni said…
Wow, the color choices in this are striking! I love the graphic feel.
Katherine said…
I am so easily a fan of your work! I want to feature this card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know.

Popular Posts