Away + Postmarks and Love Life

Happy Monday, all! Here are a couple of cards that I made for challenges over at Moxie Fab World and Embellish Blog.


My first card is for the Postage Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I am also submitting it to this year's Gallery Idol contest. Gotta give it a try, right? =)


I first stamped Background Basics: Postmarks on the Rustic White card base with Classic Kraft ink then added sentiment from Up, Up & Away set and hot air balloon from Away set with Smokey Shadow ink. Some baker's twine is then wrapped around the card and I colored a pearl black and added it on top  of the bow. I was hoping that the black pearl would help carrying the flow of the eye from the hot air balloon to the sentiment, or at least that was what I thought I was doing. =)


My second card is for the Bicycles Color Trends Challenge over at Embellish Blog.


Everything is on Rustic White cardstock once again. The bike stamp is from Unity Stamp's Love Life set. I used some decorative tapes from My Mind's Eye to help me with the colors. There are bits of mustard yellow and blue from the tape just under the stamped bicycle image, just incase you can't see it clearly.

That's all for now. Have a beautiful day, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
for "the sky is the limit" card:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: (Background Basics: Postmarks, Up, Up & Away) Papertrey Ink, (Away) Hero Arts
dye ink: (Classic Kraft, Smokey Shadow) Papertrey Ink
fiber: (backer's twine) Martha Stewart Crafts
accent: (pearl) Recollections
other: (black marker) Copic
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"


for "thanks" card:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamp: (Love Life) Unity Stamp Company
clear stamp: (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
dye ink: (Orange Zest, Smokey Shadow) Papertrey Ink
decorative tapes: My Mind's Eye
other: (foam squares) Recollections
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Merry said…
These are a little different for you Alice but as always wonderful. I really love that bike image.
yyam said…
Wow! These are amazing stamped work Alice! :)
Geraldine said…
gorgeous cards, simple but stunning at same time, best wishes.
Deirdre said…
Stunning Alice.
Karen B. said…
I just grin from ear to ear when I see CAS cards on here, because you execute them with such style, class and perfection! Great cards!
Lin said…
Great cards, Alice - good luck on all the challenges!! The bicycle one is my fave.....
Kara Lynne said…
I love the "airy" look of that first card with the positioning of your stamps. Again, the position of the stamp in the second card makes that basket of flowers front and center and makes it a great focus.
~amy~ said…
Alice, both of your cards are wonderful but I really love the first one!
Amy Johnson said…
Wow! What fabulous cards! They are both so creative and original. Love them!
Beate said…
Both cards are beautiful! I LOVE them.
Have a great week!
Hugs and smiles
Elizabeth Allan said…
So happy to hear you are participating in the Gallery Idol Contest Alice!! Love both your designs today - very original!
donna mikasa said…
LOVE your cards, Alice! They always make me smile. I especially love the bicycle card--so colorful and perfectly CAS!
Danni said…
Both are amazing but I love the bicycle! Awesome job!
BabyBokChoy said…
Terrific cards!!!!
Kathy Martin said…
Oh my gosh...these cards are awesome!!! :) Love the hot air balloon one! :)
Sandy said…
Both of your cards are very nice. Alice you are so creative. That's why they pay you the big bucks!!
Sandy
alexandra s.m. said…
I just adore these and your brilliant use of negative space!

Thank you Alice!
Virginia L. said…
These two cards are awesome! Love your bike card even more! Beautiful!

Popular Posts