Reading Cherub

Hi there! Here is a card that I made for Whiff of Joy Inspiration & Tutorial Blog the other day.


My tutorial was about how I made the old book page patterned paper that I used on my card. You can find the post here.


I used the newly released Reading Cherub for my card. He is colored on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock, colored with Copic markers then cut and embossed using a Labels 18 die. I masked the little angel before stamping the script background from Essential Backgrounds - Text Style over him with Tea Dye distress ink. The piece is then inked with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress inks while the paper is still in the die.


Aside from the text paper that I made, I also tucked two pieces of patterned paper from London Market 6x6 Collage Paper Pack by Pink Paislee under the image. The sentiment is from General Sayings II set. All paper edges are inked with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress inks as well.

That's all for now. Please go and have a look of my tutorial here and check out May Release at Whiff of Joy Stamps!



Have a beautiful day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (white, kraft) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamp: Whiff of Joy Stamps
clear stamp: (text background) Whiff of Joy Stamps
patterned paper: Pink Paislee
specialty paper: (old book pages)
dye ink: (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo) Ranger Industries
archival ink: (Coffee) Ranger Industries
fiber: (pink satin ribbon) Whiff of Joy Stamps
accent: (paper flower) Whiff of Joy Stamps
die: (label) Spellbinders
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections
Copics used:
skin: E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: E35, YR23, YR21, YR20
robe: W1, W00, 0
wing: B000, B0000, 0
book: E42, E41, E40, E33, E31, E30
shadow: W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00
card size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Comments

Maria Therese said…
Gooooooooooooooooorgeous ♥♥♥
~amy~ said…
sooooooo sweet:)
Kara Lynne said…
I look forward to the tutorial! Beautiful card, I love how you shadowed under the cherub, it really grounds the image.
Karen B. said…
Such a sweet image and perfect coloring!
Geraldine said…
Gorgeous card, love the cherub image, so cute, best wishes.
alexandra s.m. said…
How absolutely adorable!!
Love it Alice!
Amy Johnson said…
What a beautiful image and card! Love the colors!
Jennie said…
This is absolutely beautiful xxx
yyam said…
Oh my! This is soooooo sweet! :)
debby4000 said…
Absolutely gorgeous Alice.
luv
Debby
Beate said…
Gorgeous card, Alice! That new image is darling. I love how you colored it and added the background. Beautiful!
Hugs and smiles
Elizabeth Allan said…
Creative use of text! Love the effect!
Clare said…
TOO cute! Love the softness of the card, and the pretty background - off to check out your tutorial now!
Sandy said…
She is sooo very sweet!
Sandy

Popular Posts