Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #80

Hi, all! It's time for a new challenge over at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog. Here is the challenge.


Here is my take on the challenge.


I decided to use Cocktail Emily for my card and only use part of the image. Fun, no? =)


Emily is stamped on Papertrey Ink's Rustic White cardstock, colored with Copic markers then cut and embossed using a Lifestyle Crafts Hexagon die with the out of frame die-cutting technique.


I built the background using more hexagons with patterned paper from On The Sunny Side 6x6 Designer Paper Pad by My Mind's Eye and they are all popped up with foam tape or foam squares. The sentiment is from Papertrye Ink. I am also entering this to the Punchy challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays. The challenge is to use punches or dies in your projects.

That's all I have for now. Please go and check out what the other design team members came up with for this challenge here. Hope you can join us! =)



Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (Rustic White, kraft) Papertrey Ink
rubber stamp: (Cocktail Emily) Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps
clear stamp: (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko, (Smokey Shadow) Papertrey Ink
die: (hexagon) Lifestyle Crafts
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections
Copics used:
skin: E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: E29, E27, E25, E23
dress: R37, R17, R14, Y19, Y15, Y13, C5, C3
heels, hair band: R37, R17, R14
umbrella: Y19, Y15, E35, E33, B04, B02, B00, B000
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Isha Gupta said…
Simply Gorgeous. Love the Hexagons and your design. TFS
Lyndal said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous card Emily - FAB colours & LOVE your hexagons :)
itsallrosi said…
oh, how fun! this design is awesome!
Helle said…
Love it! The hexagons are so cool!
Beate said…
Oh...that's just the cutest thing. LOVE your card, Alice!
Hugs and smiles
Kathy Martin said…
Oh wow! This card is amazing! Love the pattern you created with the hexagons and how you perched your image on one! :)
JJ Bolton said…
I love it Alice! The waterfall of hexagons is fantastic! The image coming out of die cut is amazing! And the sentiment is just perfectly placed:) Just super!
donna mikasa said…
Super cute card, Alice! Love how Emily sits on the stack of hexagons--awesome!! Hope you're having a great week!
Sandy said…
Hey Alice and Jamie! I love the design work here - Jamie, did you help your Mother?
sandy
Fun & gorgeous card, Alice!
Karen B. said…
Ooh, I think this is my new favorite because it mixes the fabulous coloring with the fabulous CAS styling! Love it!
alexandra s.m. said…
Love it Alice and I need to get my hands on these Hexagons dies ;-)
Kara Lynne said…
You are so creative! I love how she is seated there.
Virginia L. said…
SUPER cute, Alice! I love how you used the diecut with this fun image! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Lisa A. said…
This is so sweet...love how you used the hexagons for your gal...wonderful:)! Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!
Jodi Collins said…
LOVING the hexagons!!!! This is awesome!!
Anonymous said…
Superb card, Alice! You totally got me with that hezagons, and the girl looks so sweet sittiong on one of them! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
Tonya said…
Oh I love this. pretty!
Angie Tieman said…
Wowza! This is fabulous! YOu sold me on those dies! Love the different sizes you used and your placement and patterns are stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
Kimberly said…
I think I'm with Angie - you've sold me on those hexagon dies! This is so very cute! Great job, and thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
So fun and clever!! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!
Kelly Griglione said…
Wow, this is a great-looking card! Love how your image is on the plain white hexagon. Lovely, Jamie!

Popular Posts