From The Desk Of and My Peeps + Chit Chat

Hello, hello~~ It really feels like summer here in Northern California this past week. I love beautiful sun shining days, but I have to admit that I don't do very well with heat. Hopefully it won't be a super hot Summer. Hope you are having some beautiful days in your corner of the world, too. =)

Today I am sharing a couple of cards made for challenges from Flourishes Blog, CAS-uaul Fridays and the Moxie Fab World. My first card is for Timeless Tuesday #168.


The challenge theme is "Pink-a-licous" and that's right up my ally! =)


I used From the Dest Of for my card. The beautiful image and sentiment are stamped on PTI's Rustic White cardstock then colored with Copic markers.


I went with a simple one layer design this time and tried to color the image as soft as possible. I sort of imagined that this scene happened in a comfortable room with soft afternoon light from the sun and everything is peaceful. Mmmm... love images that speak to me. =)

My second card is for the Feathered Friends challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays as well as for The Spatter Technique challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


Mr. Bird and music notes from My Peeps set and the sentiment from Chit Chat set are stamped on watercolor paper with archival ink. I then used a very wet paint brush directly on my watercolor crayons, after a few brushes to pick up the colors I dipped the brush in more water then flicked the color drops onto the watercolor paper.


I let the color drops sat on the paper for about a minute then dabbed the paper dry with a paper towel. I also let the paper dry a little in between adding each color. A couple of washi/decorative tapes are added before I popped the watercolor piece on dimensional adhesive.

That's all for now. Have a beautiful day, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
for "From The Desk Of" card:
cardstock: (Rustic White) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: Flourishes
dye ink: (Rich Cocoa) Tsukineko
Copics used:
flowers: Y13, Y11, YG17, YG03, YG01, R22, RV42, R00
vase: Y26, Y21, Y11
pen: E25, E23, E53
letter, envelope: R22, RV42, R00, E42, E41, E40
shadow: E33, E31, E30, E0000, 0
card size: 5 1/2" x 4"


for "My Peeps" card:
cardstock: (Smokey Shadow) Papertrey Ink
specialty paper: (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
clear stamp: Paper Smooches
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
coloring medium: (watercolor crayons) Staedtler
accent: (pink polka dot washi tape) MT, (yellow polka dot washi paper) My Mind's Eye
tool: (Corner Chomper) We R Memory Keepers
other: (foam squares) Recollections, (paint brush)
card size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Comments

Michele Boyer said…
You are the master of those one-layer cards, Alice. And your coloring is gorgeous!

Super sweet birdie card too! :)
Lin said…
Beautiful, Alice - love seeing some different cards from you!
I love these Alice. The shading in the first one is just so perfect and I love the splotchy background in the second one :)
Elizabeth Allan said…
Perfectly pink for the first card and the second card has such a fun splattering of ink!
Chunyuan said…
love both cards, Alice. Your coloring technique is amazing. Love the cheery spatter on the second card.
Danni said…
Wonderful cards! The first is so elegant and beautiful and the second is so fun!
Silke Ledlow said…
Alice, your Flourishes card is so beautiful! I really like how you colored it. Your second card is totally cute too.
Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week...hugs ~S~
Amanda said…
Oh wow, I just colored my cards with this set, this morning, like you did! Great minds think alike :) I love the way you colored yours in and your shading is perfection!! :)
Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)
Darnell said…
Your cards are incredible, Alice! I love both of them and am putting them in my favs - thank you!
donna mikasa said…
Gorgeous cards, Alice! I love them both. The first card is so elegant--your coloring is awesome! And the second card is fun. Love the spattering! Hope you're off to a great week!
Virginia L. said…
Love both cards, Alice!These cards just show that you can do ALL styles! :)
alexandra s.m. said…
I love them both!
They're so different yet so perfect in every way and I must try dipping my watercolor brush in more water for I love the effect you managed to create!

Thanks Alice!
Karen B. said…
Your CAS cards are always stunningly beautiful! Love the fun nature of the second one as well!
Kara Lynne said…
These are wonderful cards. The first one is so soft, and your splatter came out great on the second one.
Anonymous said…
Alice, I just adore your cards! The misting/splattering in the second one is perfection! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)
Lisa A. said…
Your cards are beautiful, Alice!! The bird card is so cute and love the splatter of color:)!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!
Both projects are gorgeous, Alice!! I love your beautiful coloring on the first, and the fabulous splatter technique on the second. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!
BabyBokChoy said…
These are absolutely beautiful. I think that second one with the birdie is way way way too cute!!,
Alice so happy to see you featured in the Moxie Fab World for the Splatter Challenge. Love your first cards so much as well. Wow your so talented. Love the colouring on the first card and the splatter on the second is so cool.
Nina Yang said…
Congrats on your shout out on Moxie Fab World Alice! :) Love both cards! :)

Popular Posts