Freckles, Toadstool and Balloon

Happy Sunday, all! =) Hope you are having a lovely one. Here is a card that I made using a few stamps from the fabulous The Sweetest Day collection created by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.


I used Freckles, Toadstool and the balloon from Balloon, Party Hat & Kite set to create the scene. The Toadstool and the sentiment from The Sweetest Day Sentiment set were stamped on a piece of trimmed down watercolor paper then colored with a combination of watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons and a aqua brush. After that have dried, I then colored the sky with watercolor crayon.


Mr. Freckles is stamped on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock, colored with Copic makers then cut out. I then popped him on top of the Toadstool with foam tape.



The balloon is stamped and colored on watercolor paper then cut out. It's then attached with foam tape. A piece of black crochet thread is added as the balloon string.

That's all for today. Don't forget to check out The Sweetest Day collections over at Purple Onion Designs. For more inspirations using POD stamps, please visit Purple Onion Designs Blog. Have a sweet day, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink, (watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
rubber stamps: Purple Onion Designs
dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
coloring medium: (markers) Copic, (watercolor pencils) Derwent, (watercolor crayons) Staedtler
fiber: (black crochet thread) DMC
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections, (aqua brushes)
card size: 3 1/2" x 8"

Comments

CinnamonSally said…
Cut card Alice, I love how the design slips of the edge of the card..
Susie said…
How very adorable.
Kara Lynne said…
This is just darling! When I see you use these images I keep thinking, "I've got to get these!"
Jill said…
So cute! I love how he extends just beyond the edge of the card! As always, I love your work!
Michele Boyer said…
Oh my gosh...this is ADORABLE, Alice! I LOVE the frog extending past the edge of the card. I really do love your work.
Virginia L. said…
Super cute tall card, Alice! Love the off-the edge design!
alexandra s.m. said…
I absolutely ADORE your coloring and your sense for great design!
This card is amazing Alice!
Thank you~
Maria Therese said…
Very cool card ♥♥
cashemere said…
I love this card!!!
cashemere said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
cashemere said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beate said…
That is just too cute. Love your coloring and how you popped up the image.
Hugs and smiles
Danni said…
What a cute little froggie!! Love how you did the balloon with him!
yyam said…
Hehe...this is soooo cute! :)
debby4000 said…
Soooooo cute Alice.
luv
Debby
Helle said…
adore this card! so much fun! love the frog!
Julie said…
Brilliant - so unique, Alice! Juliexx
BabyBokChoy said…
An adorable trio!!!
Oh, how cute! Love the tall card design.
Sandy said…
This is so funny and cute!! I love it!!
Sandy
Courtney K said…
such a cute card - love how you used all the different stamps together.
donna mikasa said…
such a happy card! love the tall-ness--perfect for your little scene!

Popular Posts