my first ATCs

I have had the 7Gypsies ATC Cardholder and the ATC Cardholder Tags ever since they first came out. I loved the idea of the Cardholder that allows you to display them and was really fascinated by all the beautiful ATCs the various artists has made, but I have never got the chance to do anything with them.

Now with Hero Arts blog's ATC challenge I finally dug them out of my stash, cleaned off the cobwebs and tried to make ATCs for the first time. The featured artist at Hero Arts blog is Shari this week and she has made some very inspiring and amazing ATCs for this challenge, so please go over and check them out if you haven't done that already!

This was an easy one to make. I just picked a spot that I liked on the Delicate Branches background stamp, stamped it then colored the image with Copic markers. I used some distress inks to make the sky. I was really having trouble deciding if I want to put any sentiment on it... Any suggestions? I am not used to making cards without sentiments...

This one was made with some scraps of Hero Arts digital images. I clear-embossed the Antique Flower Background then distressed it as well as the text paper.

Finally, this is the last one for today... I clear-embossed the Grid Pattern background then colored/distressed the tag with Broken China and Peeled Paint. I folded some flowers from Prima into quarters just as Jennifer McGuire demonstrated in one of her Thinking Inking classes then glued them in place.

Well, that's all I have for today! I had a lot of fun making them and I hope you enjoy them! Let me know what you think about them and hopefully I'll get to make some more later this week!

ingredients used:
cardstock: 7Gypsies ATC tags
stamp: Hero Arts, Hero Arts Digital
ink: Memento, VersaMark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
markers: Copic
button, twine: Papertrey Ink
flowers: prima
pearls: Recollections
embossing powder: Stampendous

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Kelly Booth said…
LOVE them Alice...i have the Spinner and mine is all FULL...Just Love having all the ATC's on it to look at...a Great piece of Art....
Your First ATC's are just Wonderful...Especially Love the butterfly grid!
Maylee said…
Oooh they are so pretty! LOVE the dimensions of the the butterflies and flowers!
Vanessa said…
These are so beautiful! I have that spinner, too and never really used it! Now I am kind of addicted to the ATCs!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Stamping Cafe said…
Wow, how gorgeous are they!! Love all of them, Alice! You have amazing style!
Anonymous said…
Lovely! I love the butterfly. Gorgeous! I found this Tim Holtz storage and tools at Christina’s Crafts. Check this one out!
Sanne said…
Hi Alice!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - isn´t it cool how we "meet" across countries?
I´m glad I found your blog too! I´m now a follower. I hope to "see" you soon again!
Enjoy your weekend.
Sanne

Popular Posts