Sketchfest Wednesday

I made this card for Sketchfest Wednesday at Caardvarks. However, I originally made a card with the same sketch last night (or early this morning around 2 am), but I think I may have interpreted the sketch too liberally... So this is my second try...

It makes me happy whenever there are scraps involved in making a card. Except for the card base, all are scraps from making this card. All the panels are clear-embossed with Hero Arts stamps then colored/distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The Hero Arts digi-butterfly is colored with Copics.



ingredients used:
cardstocks, twine: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Hero Arts, Hero Arts Digital (butterfly, text background)
inks: VersaMark, Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
markers: Copic
punch: Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Jenyfur said…
Amazing distressing! Great card.
dstandard said…
How pretty - love this!
SmilynStef said…
Love love love this ... such gorgeous colors and I love the resist on the text paper.
donna mikasa said…
Love this, Alice! I'm not familiar with the sketches but this is awesome! The colors, the distressing....way to goooo!
Maylee said…
Wow! beautiful, love the distress ink. I still haven't gotten that down yet. Thanks for hopping w/ YNS today!
Vanessa said…
This is adorable! Love the colors and your distressing is amazing, as always!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Patricia said…
Great card I love it
Tasha said…
Wow this is stunning! Love the colours
love tasha xx
Janetcraft said…
I love your butterflies! well, another nice butterflies from Hero Arts!
Stamping Cafe said…
Wow, Alice!! Totally gorgeous card, you just convince me to get that Butterfly set! :)
Nancy said…
Alice I love this....the clear embossing and the distress inks make a really pretty statement!!
This is absolutely brilliant!

Popular Posts