World Card Making Day and a card

Hello my friends! Happy Tuesday!

Do you know that October 3rd is World Card Making Day? It is a special day to celebrate my favorite hobby!

Come and join the fun! Moxie Fab World started their Would Tour of Card Making Day on Monday. It's a five-day celebration with card makers from around the world! This is a great chance to meet talented card makers in the comfort of your home! Please go over and click on the links and get inspired!! You can also post your blog here to join all the card makers that are celebrating this special day!

I'll be celebrating the day by making cards, hopping along the listed blogs on the WCMD website and being inspired! How about you?

Here is a card for a little celebration! Not exactly for the WCMD, but for a day that we all look forward to and treasure!

I actually made this card a while back, but didn't get a chance to introduce it to everyone.

I used a cupcake border stamp from Hero Arts to create a subtle background behind the piggy. I was just thinking that there should be some sort of cake on this birthday card... =)

Hope you like it and please come back tomorrow for some ATCs that I made for this week's challenge at Hero Arts blog!

ingredients used:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink
patterned papers: Cosmo Cricket
stamps: The Greeting Farm (pig and balloon), Hero Arts (cupcake, sentiment)
inks: VersaMark, Memento, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
markers: Copic
glitter glue: Stickles by Ranger
ribbon: Papertrey Ink
embroidery floss: DMC
other: Glossy Accents by Ranger

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Lysa said…
I love this pig! I have him too- but have yet to make something with him...now my brain is ticking for an idea :)
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE this Piggy....Your card is so CUTE!!!
Unknown said…
Hi Alice, Cute Card's. I Just came by to tell you you've been awarded on my blog.
http://jorgaunnasplaceoffascination.blogspot.com/
Stamping Cafe said…
Aww....how adorable is this, Alice!! Love that little piggy! :)
Maylee said…
Love that pig and what you did to the balloons!!
Virginia L. said…
Fabulous! Your personality is showing through this card! I can definitely feel your passion about card-making....Wonderufl!!
Vanessa said…
This is soo cute, Alice! Love it, I agree with Virginia, it reminds me of your naked teddy and rubber frog story :)

Hugs,
Vanessa
donna mikasa said…
Love that piggy....and the glossy balloons!
Anonymous said…
Haha this piggy is too damn cute! Hope it doesn't have p1g1 (that's how we call swine flu over here) ;D

Popular Posts