Cupcake and Citrus

Happy weekend, all! I have a couple of cards made using stamps from Purple Onion Designs to share with you today. Also, it's my big honor to let you know that Michele at POD invited me to join her fabulous team! =) I am so excited! You all know that I love working with cute images and Purple Onion Designs has lots of them! I can't wait to work with this amazing team, too. Thank you, Michele! =)

On to the cards:


I used the newly released Cupcake Framed Doodle illustrated by Stephanie Ackerman for my first card. This cupcake just looks so yummy! =)


The framed cupcake and sentiments are stamped and colored on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock. I stamped the card base with Magical Background from Hero Arts with VersaMark.


The patterned paper is from the Life of the Party collection by BasicGrey.


I used the yummy looking citrus slice from the Citrus Set for my second card. I love the hand drawn look of POD's many stamps. They just looks so much more yummier! =)


The orange slices are colored on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock. I then cut them out and popped them on a piece of watercolor paper cut using a Classic Rectangles Large die. I used watercolor paper here for the texture.


The card base is stamped with the Life of the Party Dots background stamp from Hero Arts/BasicGrey with VersaMark. The sentiment comes with the stamp set.

I am looking forward to playing with Purple Onion Designs stamps more and I'll make sure to share them with you here! =)




Have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by!







supplies:
for the "happy birthday" card:
cardstock, buttons: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Cupcake Framed Doodle) Purple Onion Designs, (Magical Background) Hero Arts
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark
corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers
Copics used:
cupcake: E37, E35, E33, E31, R39, R37, R35, R22, R32, R30
frame: YR18, Y38, Y35, Y32, B12, B000, B0000
sentiment: Y28, Y26, Y21, Y11, E39, E37, E35
card size: 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"


for the "you're sweet" card:
cardstock: (Kraft, white) Papertrey Ink, (watercolor) Strathmore Artist Paper
stamps: (Citrus Set) Purple Onion Designs, (Life of the Party Dots) Hero Arts
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, VersMark
baker's twine: Divine Twine (thanks, Kiara!)
die: Spellbinders
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

itsallrosi said…
yay, Alice!

love your cards using the PO stamps!
Tasha said…
Oh these are awesome Alice, ive not heard of these stamps before but they are so fun and i love what you created with them
love tasha xx
Anonymous said…
Never heard of POD, but by the looks of it, I'm gonna love them!
What a cute couple of cards you made with them!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja
donna mikasa said…
Yay, Alice! So thrilled that you're an Onion, too! Love, love, love your cards! Love you, too! Hugs!!!!!
Karen B. said…
Super fabulous clean and simple designs! Congratulations on being on the team.
Joy said…
YAY! I am super excited you have joined the team my friend...so honoured to be working along such amazing talent...I love what you have created here with the POD stamps..looking forward to viewing more of them..have a wonderful weekend...Hugs!
Congratulations Alice.xx
Love your wonderful cards!!
The orange segments are amazing!
Brilliant cards. xx
BabyBokChoy said…
Lucky lucky you!!! love POD stamps!!! These are totally adorable!
~amy~ said…
cupcakes and citrus...that rocks:)
Maria Therese said…
Yummi yumm cards!!!
Anita Rex said…
Whoohoooo so happy for you to be on POD's team! Your so talented Alice and you will be such a great addition! I love your cards today! So sweet! :>
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oh, BIG congrats to you, my friend! POD will surely love all of your designs! Cute cards, can't wait to see what other images you will be working with!
Deirdre said…
Alice, these are just beautiful. Congrats on your new DT job.... love POD too.
Amy Johnson said…
Such fun and funky cards! They are both so unique, love the fun colors and sentiment on the first one.
Stamping Cafe said…
Yay... congrats, girlie!! You are going to ROCK with POD's images!!

Gorgeous gorgeous cards as always, love them all!! I love all the Lawn Fawn new releases, there are two sets that I must have... I'm going to order them tonight! :)

Have a beautiful weekend, and I hope to see you soon! Love ya, hugs!!
yyam said…
Congrats on the new DT gig! These are adorable Alice!
Virginia L. said…
Woohoo!! POD is lucky to have you on board!! I love how you showcased the image of the cupcake! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! xoxo
Courtney K said…
both cards are super cute Alice - and so excited to be on a team with you!!!
Kelly Booth said…
Congrats Alice....you ate an amazing artist and I can't wait to see all that you create with their fun stamps! Big hugs to you.....xoxoxo!
alexandra s.m. said…
I love these two cards!!
CONGRATS Sweet Alice!
scrapn_momof2 said…
Congrats Alice your projects for POD will surely rock.

Both of these cards are fantastic!!
Gaby said…
Congratulations, Alice! I'm looking forward to seeing more of those POD stamps.
I never heard of them but, as always, after visiting your blog, I "need" more stamps ;D

Lovely cards, and beautiful coloring :)
Agata said…
Congrats Alice!!! I just saw that you joined the team! Woohoo! Your cards rock as always!
Suzanne C said…
Congrats! Delicious cards! Love the CAS design!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Alice these cards are so sweet. Congratulations on being a Purple Onion Designer!
ivy said…
congrats!! POD is lucky to have you!!
Beate said…
BEAUTIFUL cards. Your coloring is so rich!
Hugs and smiles
Brenda said…
Love all the orange today! So happy that you got a spot with POD. Cannot wait to see what else you do with their stamps!

Popular Posts