Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #45

Hi all! Thanks for joining me for a card for this week's Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge. Here is this week's challenge:


Here is my card:


I used the lovely Rollerblading Chloe for my card. I know I was suppose to use red, blue and white, but I had to sneak a couple of others in it. =)


Chloe and her cute dog is stamped and colored on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock. The image is then cut and embossed using a Petite Ovals Large die.


The patterned paper is from the Lime Twist Fly A Kite collection by My Mind's Eye. The cloud paper actually has a scallop border on it. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

That's all I have. Please go and check out what the other design team members came up with for this challenge and find out all the details for the challenge here. Hope you can join us this week! =)

Blah blahs... Please feel free to skip this part. =) Someone asked a question about which printer I use and how I prepare my paper for printing in order to color with Copic markers. I  have an HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw. It's a laser printer and it's exactly why I got it. Laser printers use toner instead of inks, so there is no problem with ink smearing with Copic markers. Here is a more detailed post on this issue by the amazing Marianne Walker. You can read the comments for suggestions on photo/color/inkjet printers that would work for Copic markers.

I do nothing to prepare my paper for printing and coloring since I have a laser printer. I did make sure that the printer I got is able to print heavy duty paper like PTI's Stamper's Select White (110lb.) cardstock. Hope this helps and thanks for sticking around. =)



Thanks for stopping by!




supplies:
cardstock, buttons: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Rollerblading Chloe) Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, (sentiment) Papertrey Ink
patterned paper: My Mind's Eye
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers
die: (scallop border) Papertrey Ink, (oval) Spellbinders
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape, foam squares
Copics used:
skin: E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: YR24, YR23, YR31, YR30
shorts: BG07, BG05, BG02
top: W1, W00, 0
safety gear: BG07, BG05, BG02, R27, R24, R22, C7, C5, C3
dog: YR24, YR23, YR31, YR30
leash, collar: BG07, BG05, BG02, R24, R22
butterfly: R24, R22, RV42
shadow: W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00, 0
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

~amy~ said…
Sooo super cute!!!
Lisa said…
Fantastic.... Your card turned out perfect! I just love it! Cheers, Lisa
>^..^<
Gaby said…
Thank you so much for the info, Alice! My printer is supposed to work with copics but, oh well... maybe I will just admire your work and that will make it!
As always, your card is beautiful! I love the patterned paper you chose! MME has really cute paper this season! I still need to use mine! lol
Take care!
Kathy said…
Oh my oh my Alice you are so talented and my coloring idol!!!!!!! What a stunning card and superb coloring. Hugs, Kathy
Miss chatting :)
farmhouse-story said…
i love chloe sticking off the top of the oval, alice--adorable card:)
Dorcas said…
You're a girl after my own heart! lol The more colors the better! Sweet card, Alice!
Karen B. said…
The colored ground is amazing and sets off the whole card! Too cute!
Stunning card Alice,
I adore the colours you used.
And the design is just wonderful.
Love, Mel. xx
BabyBokChoy said…
super duper uber adorable!!! A lovely way for us to start our working week by visiting here :)
Anonymous said…
Just so cute!! How do you cut the image with the nestabilitie and not cut off her head? I would love to know!
I love the paper with the clouds on it!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja
Unknown said…
Beautiful card, Alice! I love the cloud background paper and how you popped Chloe's head out of the oval!
Jeni said…
Beautiful Alice!! ~jeni :)
donna mikasa said…
Such a cheery card--I love it! Perfect papers, too! Thanks for educating me on printers. I'm just bumming off my daughter's printer which is probably an inkjet. I didn't know there would be such a difference! Thank you!!
Unknown said…
Love it Alice! Very cute!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Another smile Alice! I like the little extra buttons you added. Fun touch.
Shirley N said…
Your cards always make me smile, love your style Alice!
Anonymous said…
I agree with Shirley, your cards make me smile. Such cute images and the coloring is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Amy Johnson said…
How adorable! Love the paper and layout you chose to use with that cute image!
Kelly Booth said…
soooooo sweet!! Love this Alice...your cards are always the sweetest!! xoxoxo!
1LuvnMama said…
Speechless . . . amazing Alice! :) You 'skate' me over!
Marlene said…
Adorable! Your shading totally rocks!
Tyggereye said…
Cuteness. This is a great card. Love that cloud paper.
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a darling card!
Shaela said…
LOVE this card! super cute and gorgeous coloring, as always :)
Tasha said…
Love this card Alcie, great clean lines and fab colours. love the mix of papers
love tasha xx
Suzanne C said…
Another beautiful card. Love the fun image and the papers are bright and cheery and fit the image.

Popular Posts