Harriet the Hippo & Giddy Bugs

Hello, everyone! A couple of cards to share with you today. First is a card that I made for Sunday Sketch #83 over at the PWCO Blog.


I used the adorable Harriet the Hippo from the Safari Friends Collection for my card. The patterned paper is from the Sweet Summertime collection by Echo Park and the sentiment is from the Strawberries set by Flourishes.


My second card is yet another reject. This was for PC's Nov/Dec call and I used one of the sketches.


The super cute bug and sentiment are from the Giddy Bugs set by Paper Smooches. The flowers are from the Friendly Flowers set. This adorable bug just makes me smile! =) I used a circle punch to create the notches on the corners.

That's all for today. Hope you have a lovely day!




Thanks for stopping by!







supplies:
for the "Harriet the Hippo" card:
cardtock, buttons: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Harriet the Hippo) PaperWorks Co., (sentiment) Flourishes
patterned paper: Echo Park
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
coloring medium: Copic
corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers
dies: (Tiny Tags) Papertrey Ink, (oval, scalloped oval) Spellbinders
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape, foam squares
card size: 4" x 4"


for the "Happy Bugs" card:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Paper Smooches
patterned paper: Echo Park
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
coloring medium: Copic
glitter glue: Stickles
baker's twine: Martha Stewart Crafts
circle punch: Stampin' Up
other: sewing machine, thread, foam squares
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Alice, both cards are so cute! I love the colors you used for Harriet!! Bright!
And the bug is cute too!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja
donna mikasa said…
Harriet is just the cutest hippo! And your reject is a winner to me! Love PS stamps--must ink mine up soon! Take care...talk to you again, soon!
Beate said…
Alice, both cards are so stinking cute! I love the papers you chose and of course your coloring.
You always create the cutest cards.
Hugs and smiles
Brenda said…
Love the hippo with the little birdie just sitting there! And the big smile on the bug just makes me smile, just like your lovely work does!
They are both gorgeous!!
Love the little blue bird on the hippo!!
Just wonderful!
Love to you and Jamie.
Mel. xx
~amy~ said…
such super sweet cards Alice!
Jodi Collins said…
These just TOTALLY make smile Alice! I especially LOVE that little bug!
Monique said…
Hi Alice... What cute cards.. Both put a smile on my face...I {heart} Harriet the Hippo!!!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Two totally adorable cards Alice!!! Your colors and designs are always so fresh and make me smile.
BabyBokChoy said…
I love these, so so so dripping cute!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Super duper cute, that happy bee really puts a smile on my face!
Christine said…
BEAUTIFUL cards again! I love the hippo!

And as i love your creations, i wouls like to pass the favourite blog award over to you.
Have a look over here: http://kartenchaos.blogspot.com/2011/05/liebster-blog-award.html

Hugs,
Christine
Kelly Booth said…
Just stinking adorable.......love love love!
Anonymous said…
Eee! These are too cute Alice!
I'm so behind on my blog visiting this past week - can't believe I'm missing out on such sweet inspiration ;)
Hugs, Ruth S
Marlene said…
These are so sweet! I love that hippo!
Such sweet cards, Alice!
Christiana said…
These cards are both just adorable! I love the soft, watercolor look of your coloring. You always inspire me so much, Alice!
Pajalu said…
I agree with Donna!!! Your reject is a winner (silly people didn't know a good thing when they saw it ;P). Plus Harriet is gorgeous as well xoxoxoxoxo
Stamping Cafe said…
Aw... super cuteness, Alice! Love your adorable cards, and of course your superb coloring! I'm in love with that hippo... too cute! :) Have a beautiful week!!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
I love the sweet simplicity of your card, Alice! Hugs,Lisa
Shirley N said…
You could never have a reject Alice, both cards are so cute! Love the color combo on the first. Hippo is adorable!
Joy said…
What a treat to see these gorgeous cards...I love hippos they are my all time favourite animals...as for the reject card I am amazed that it was rejected total stunner and sweet card!
Jeni said…
Definitely two beauties!! Can't say which one I like best, too close to call. ~jeni :)
Tasha said…
Oh my goodness these are super cute! Love them both they are so sweet and fun
love tasha xx
Suzanne C said…
How adorable! Love the hippo and the paper is wonderful with the image. Cute little bug!

Popular Posts