Lily Pad Cards Inspirational Challenge #2

Happy weekend, all! =) Here is my card for Inspiration Challenge #2 over at Lily Pad Cards.


I was inspired by this card from the post featuring Nicole Magouirk. I love the rich background colors on her card. I created my background by dragging the watercolor paper through a pool of ink created with barn door, wild honey and water.


I also used a piece of seam binding to soak up the leftover ink to create the matching ribbon. The Luscious Ledger is stamped with barn door. The sentiment from the Find Joy set is stamped with barn door as well. The seam binding was wrapped twice around the piece then tied with a double bow.

That's all I have for today. Don't forget to hop over to Lily Pad Cards and check out what the other Dram Team members came up with for this challenge.




Have a beautiful day and thanks for stopping by!



p.s. June release preview starts today at The Craft's Meow Store Blog. They are previewing a gorgeous set from Nina Brackett, don't forget to check it out. There are prizes up for grabs! =)







supplies:
cardstock: (rustic cream, terracotta tile) Papertrey Ink, (watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
stamps: Hero Arts
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
seam binding: Lawrence Schiff Silk Mills, Inc.
polymer clay chrysanthemum by me
die: (scallop border) Papertery Ink
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

donna mikasa said…
Hi Alice! Your card is absolutely STUNNING! So summery and bright! I can see the inspiration that you got from Nichol's fab card! Happy, happy weekend!
WOW Alice, what a great effect! love it!!!
Stunning card!
Happy weekend to you. xx
Mel.
Brenda said…
Beautiful rich colours Alice! That background stamp is really great!
Gabby said…
This card looks great with the bright colors on the ledger paper! :)
Wat a fabulous cad, Alice! And that ribbon is so yummy. Have a great weekend!:)
Marlou McAlees said…
Fabulous card :) love the bright colours with those fab stamps :)
Tasha said…
WOW love this card the colours are fantastic and the sentiment is smashing, love this design
love tasha xx
Lin said…
Absolutely gorgeous, Alice - these warm colors are wonderful!
Jill said…
LOVE these warm rich colors and how you created this background! GORGEOUS!
Janetcraft said…
wow, I love this bright colors..so simple card but the colors are stunning! How fast did you make this card?
ALICE! This is such an awesome card -- so happy and summery and FUN!

Hope you have a great weekend! HUGS! :)
Sanne said…
So many cute cards since my last visit Alice. I love the colors you have used for this one - super!
~amy~ said…
sooo pretty Alice...love the colors!
judy said…
Just beautiful, Alice!!
Renee V said…
Hi Alice! Love your beautiful card, the colors are gorgeous! Thanks for the luv you left on my card for the embossing challenge @ LPC!
Unknown said…
Gorgeous card Alice! My favorite color:-)
sharon g said…
Very pretty card. I love the colors. Also, I love your cat! Is he a Bengal? We have a Bengal named Ari. LOVE HIM!!!
Stamping Cafe said…
This is simply gorgeous, Alice! Yummy yummy colors, love it! Have a beautiful weekend, hugs!!
Anonymous said…
Adorable card! I love the soft stamped layers, and the ink blending technique you've used ;)
Great inspiration, hugs, Ruth S
Merry said…
This is stunning Alice....I so love the colour. What a woderful way you created it too.
Gaby said…
Your cards always inspire me to try new new techniques! I don't know if it'd be this pretty, but I can try :) Thanks for the inspiration, Alice!
Beate said…
Alice, your card looks amazing! Love that flower and the colors you chose.
Hugs and smiles
Gailanne said…
Those colors are amazing...what a warm and lovely card. I'm heading for my craft room to try my hand at your technique!
Suzanne C said…
Yummy colors blended so skillfully. Gorgeous card!
Virginia L. said…
I miss seeing your stamping like this one!!! Totally stunning!
Agata said…
WHat a fantastic background!!! LOve it tons!
yyam said…
Classy card Alice! Love the bright hues! Just brilliant!
joanieg said…
Love your card and the colors!

Joanie

Popular Posts