a card for WCMD Challenge #1


When I found out that PTI has some challenges to celebrate World Card Making Day, it was already Sunday night... duh!

I just had to try and make at least one to join the fun! When I saw that WCMD Challenge #1 was to find inspiration in Japan, the beautiful patterns on kimonos and Japanese Washi jumped in my mind.

Here is a card that I came up with using some Japanese Washi that I have sitting around.

I love the beautiful and intricate patterns that Japanese Washi have. This one is so subtle in colors but so glorious with the gold foil on it. It reminds me of the humble nature of Japanese people.

Sorry about the bad photos... I had to take them under artificial lighting after I found out that the deadline for this is actually 7 "AM" EST and not 7 pm EST!!! Haha... This happens to me a lot.... =) I'll replace them with better ones later.

EDITED: I replaced the photos at 2:16 pm.

ingredients used:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink (card base)
patterned papers: Japanese Washi
stamps: Papertrey Ink (flower), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink: Memento
markers: Copic
pearls: Recollections
corner rounder: Fiskars
die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Nine
die cutting machine: CuttleBug

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Sanne said…
I think your photos are just fine! And love that design - great colors Alice!
Hugs Sanne
Maylee said…
Alice, this sooo beautiful!! Love how you've colored the flower!
Stamping Cafe said…
This is stunning, Alice! Gorgeous colors and coloring, love it!!
Kelly Booth said…
GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!!! So Striking Alice....
Sue Lelli said…
LOVE your card and LOVE your kittie! Cute pic!
Vanessa said…
This is so perfect! I wish you had seen the challenge earlier, I would have loved to see your takes on the other countries!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Jenyfur said…
Oh how lovely and inspiring!
Amy said…
Gorgeous card Alice! Your coloring is beautiful and that sentiment is perfect!
Tomo H. said…
Very beautiful card, Alice! Your copic coloring is really amazing! Lovely flower!!!

Popular Posts