one digital stamp, two cards

I adore this Whimsical Girl and Bird digital stamp from Bee Crafty. I made two cards with this stamp to share with you.

I made this card using the sketch from the sketch challenge that the Bee Crafty blog is hosting right now.

Did I mention that I am stubborn? I colored this image based on the color scheme from Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love paper collection (which I love) and was planning on using these papers to make a card. But I don't have every paper from that collection... And sure enough, I got myself into some trouble making this card... It was a bad card making session since I insisted on using the papers that I have anyway... Not having some of the more muted or quieter papers from the set, I had a lot of the trouble trying to make the image stand out without the background being too busy... But I survived it...

Here is another card that I made with the same digital stamp and some Memory Box paper.

I am officially in love with Memory Box 6x6 patterned papers! They very beautiful colors and designs. Some of the patterns are intricate and subtle which I just love.

The process of making this one was a lot smoother than the first card. Although this was my second try, it wasn't the issue with the papers it was with my design... =)

That's it for now. Hope you all have a great day!

ingredients used:
for "Hi!":
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Bee Crafty (Whimsical Girl and Bird), Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned papers: Cosmo Cricket
buttons: Making Memories
corner rounder: Fiskars
circle punch: EK Success
die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
die cutting machine: CuttleBug
string: DMC
Copics used:
skin tone: E11, E00, E000
shirt: Y17, Y15, Y11
hair: E29, E25, E53
hat: YR04, YR02, Y17, Y15, Y11
bird: BG01, B000, B0000
grass and flowers: G99, G82, G40, R27, R22

for "Hello!":
cardstock, ribbon, button: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Bee Crafty, Hero Arts
patterned papers: Memory Box
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Squares Large, Labels Four
Copics used (the places different from the "Hi!" card):
shirt: V17, V15, V12
hair: Y11, Y21, E97, E99

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Sanne said…
Two adorable cards Alice. I haven´t seen those stamps before - too cute!
Vanessa said…
These cards are super cute! Adorable images and I love all the details!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! Alice that little girl and your cards are AAAAADORABLE!!!!!
Virginia L. said…
Love them all! Your hard work with the color choices really paid off....each one of them has amazing colors and details!
Tasha said…
Stunning cards love thre touch with the buttons and the fab colours
love tasha xx
I love the delicate coloring.
donna mikasa said…
You really have a knack for choosing colors and your Copics coloring is outstanding!! Another MB paper lover here!!
Unknown said…
Wow, Alice! Love your cards! Love the colors you have chosen! cute and elegant at the same time! Thanks so much for playing along at Bee Crafty!
Julie Ranae said…
Hi Alice...Just love this post! Hope you will stop by The Open Window as I featured you as part of my Thursday Night Favorites List.

Love your blog and visit often!
Bee said…
Lovely use of Whimsical Girl on both your cards, super colours. Great interpretation of the sketch too and beautiful soft tones and delicate patterned paper. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty challenge :)
Jane said…
OMG!!! I just love these cards!!!
Victoria said…
both these cards are beautiful, such fab colours and great shading too.

Thanks for playing along at Bee Crafty, hope to see you again next time

Victoria
x
Tracey said…
I love these beautiful cards - well done!

Hugs
Tracey
x
Sheri Gilson said…
Adorable cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at Bee Crafty Challenge!!

Sheri

Popular Posts