a few ruffles and some pink


I made this card for Moxie Fab World's "Not Your Regular Ruffles" challenge. There are tons of incredibly inspirational photos over at the Moxie Fab site! Please click on the challenge link and get inspired!

This turned out pretty minimal which is what I intended. I set it on my table and stared at it for a couple of days trying to decide if there was anything that I could add to it. In the end, I decided nothing more would go on it.

This vintage dictionary page came with a scrapbook kit a while ago. I trimmed it to size and backed it with some cardstock. I threaded embroidery floss through a piece of PTI Sweet Blush Luxe Satin Ribbon on both sides and pulled it tight to create the ruffles. It's the back or "wrong side" of the ribbon that I used.

I covered the stamped images with some Perfect Pearl, but it really made it difficult to take a good photo... It turned out that the images stamped on the kraft card base didn't show in the front shot, but showed up in the sideways one, and vice versa. Hum... interesting...

Let me know what you think about this! You know I love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstock, ribbon: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Close To My Heart
inks: Time Holtz Distress Ink
embroidery floss (for ruffling the ribbon): DMC
others: Perfect Pearl by Ranger

Comments

Kelly Booth said…
So Pretty Alice...i love the Pink and The text pp too.....
Tiffany Ervin said…
Adorable! Love the little niche of ribbon on the side like that...such a delicate pink!
Sanne said…
Yummy colors Alice and a cute design :0)
Maylee said…
I love the pink on the kraft paper!
donna mikasa said…
Love this, Alice! I agree that nothing else needs to be added...it's perfect!
Vanessa said…
Lovely!! So beautiful!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Amy said…
There is a quiet beauty to both of these cards that I really like a lot... very peaceful and pretty!
Anita Rex said…
I love how it's simple but the ruffles adds justy enough! It's so pretty!
Tomo H. said…
Wow! Love these, Alice! Very pretty cards! I'm sure the real cards are more beutiful than the photos. - It's really difficult to take pics the things using Perfect Pearls. :)

Popular Posts