Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 88

Happy Friday!

Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by for my first sample card for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge as a TESC Sketch Crew member! First of all, here is the sketch:

And here is my take on it:

Once I saw this sketch, I knew which stamp set I was going to use right away. The problem was patterned paper... I turned my paper storage area upside-down in search of some baby themed paper to no avail. I ended up using some of my favorite PTI dotty DPs with some Sassafras Sunshine Lollipops paper.

I also turned the sketch 90 degrees. The piece of sentiment punch-out has a dimensional in the middle and a rolled up glue dot at each end so that it gives an arched look. All four stamped images are colored with Copic markers, cut out, then raised slightly with some rolled up glue dots. The circle and flower "cushion" that the baby is sitting on is then popped up with some dimensional adhesives.

That's it for my first sketch sample! Hope you like it!

Don't forget to check out what the other members of the TESC Sketch Crew came up with! Here are the links:
Please go to Taylor's blog to find out how you can play along!


Thanks for stopping by!

ingredients used:
cardstocks: Papertrey Ink (card base), Neenah Classic Solar White (stamped images)
stamps: The Greeting Farm
patterned paper: Papertrey Ink (dots), Sassafras (flower grid, blue)
imk: Memento
punches: Fiskars (corner rounder), Stampin' Up (sentiment)
dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circle Large, Blossom
Copics used:
baby: E11, E01, E00, E000, E93, R22, RV42, R20, Y17, Y15, Y11, E39, E33, E31
bottle: R20, R11, BG10, BG11, BG0000
duck: Y17, Y15, Y11, R22, RV42
toy: R20, R11, BG10, BG11, BG72

Comments

What an awesome use of TGF stamps! I LOVE this! Love how you flipped the sketch, too-I do that alot, ;) SUPER cute card, Alice!
Taylor said…
This is so cute, Alice! I love how you flipped the sketch...perfection!
Jodi Collins said…
This is the SWEETEST! I LOVE this image and your beautiful coloring! Great papers too!!
Jami said…
Alice this is super adorable - and love the sketch flipped! Welcome to the Sketch Crew!!!
Sherrie said…
I must have been totally thinking of you as it was the "Alice in Wonderland" book that I covered in my post today.....
Love, love, love your coloring! Those sweet baby images are adorable...love that you "played" with the sketch a little too! Welcome to the crew!
Melissa Sauls said…
Oh my goodness this card is just too cute! The baby image is just adorable and your coloring divine! Beautiful work!
Lysa said…
SUper cute!! I love that image and all the details you added to the card!
donna mikasa said…
LOVE your take on the sketch, Alice! Great coloring, as always! Way to go on your first TE sketch!
Tomo H. said…
So cute and the coloring is awesome as always!
I just left you my message on yout penguin's card here on your blog.
Congratulations, Alice!!! I rushed to come here, since I was so happy to see your penguin at HA blog just now! :)
Maylee said…
Love it Alice! That baby is cutest thing, and the paper is perfect!
Jane said…
too darn ADORABLE!!!
Sharron said…
Darling baby card! I love the paper and your coloring looks wonderful!
Lynn Mercurio said…
Fantastic job Alice. How cute is this!!!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Oh Alice, this is absolutely adorable! I love all things TGF. Great idea to use stamped images for the "three square" elements. It's perfect!
Darling Alice! Love how you flipped the sketched and added the baby accessories. Too cute!
:) Rachel
Amy said…
Awesome beginning as a TE sketch crew and an amazing take on the sketch Alice, it's super cute!
Kathy said…
WOOT WOOT WOW WOW WOOW WOWOW WOW WOW Alice!!!!!!!! I just heard the news and wow I'm so happy for you ...what an honor and I love that company so now I will be doing their challenges!!!!!! I am doing the happy dance for you!! You are one talented lady and they are so lucky to have you!!!!!!
woo hoo xoxooxxo,Kathy
Lucy Abrams said…
YIPPEE Alice - this is so CUTE, love seeing you featured there at last. :)
Monika/Buzsy said…
What a sweet card Alice. Love the cute images and the soft colors. Great job on the skethc. :o)
Mary J said…
OMG, I luuurve your card! I have those stamps and I haven't had a chance to play with them yet, but can't wait to do so now!
Jackie Pedro said…
Oh my gosh...how adorable!! Welcome to the sketch team, Alice!

Popular Posts