Butterfly Big Hugs

Hello hello~~ I am here to post a last minute card for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge. =)


This week's Make It Monday challenge is Watercolor Smooshing and oh, it was so much fun to try this technique! =)


The background is made by smooshing Aqua Mist and Limeade Ice. I did the same thing for the butterfly except that the inks I used were Berry Sorbet and Summer Sunrise.


The sentiment is cut using a die from Big Hugs die set and I also cut a few leaves from Happiness in Bloom Leaves Die with vellum as embellishments.

That's all I have for now. Hope you have a beautiful day! =)

Thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (kraft, vellum) Papertrey Ink, (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
dye inks: (Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise) Papertrey Ink
stickers: (gold/black stripes Japanese washi tape) mt Kamoi Kakoshi, (gold polka dots Japanese washi tape) MARK'S
dies: (Butterfly, Big Hugs, Happiness In Bloom Leaves) Papertrey Ink
tools: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft, (sewing Machine) 
card size: 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

mgoll88 said…
Nice creation

LG
Michaela
Kara Lynne said…
So beautiful!! I love your smooshing on the background and on the sweet butterfly.
Miriam Prantner said…
Love your take on the technique! The little bits and stitching at the top are wonderful too!
~amy~ said…
So pretty Alice!
Lisa Lara said…
Oh this is so beautiful Alice. I love just the hint of color and great layout.
Celeste Goff said…
This is just beautiful Alice! I love the soft wash of color and the use of vellum for the leaves!
Nora Noll said…
This is so pretty! Love the green wash with that pink butterfly!!
Shirley N said…
Gorgeous design Alice, thanks for the inspiration!
I Card Everyone said…
Hi Alice! I had to stop by to say how much I adore you card.. so happy to see it on the PTI blog post this morning! REally gorgeous!
=] Michele
Tracey McNeely said…
Alice I love this card. Excellent technique and congrats on your feature today in the PTI newsletter!
Anonymous said…
Absolutely lovely!
Anonymous said…
This is so pretty. Fresh and Springy. I like it so much!
maria f. said…
Love everything about this, Alice. Hugs to you.

Popular Posts