April Krafty Peek Day 1

This is my second post of the day. Please click here or scroll down to see my card for Mo's Digital Pencil Monthly Blog Hop. Thanks! =)

Hello, all! It's preview time at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps once again! We are showcasing Cheryl Alger's adorable Playtime Lulu set today.


The Playtime Lulu set comes with three images and four coordinating sentiments.


I used painter Lulu for my card. She is stamped and colored on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock then cut out.


I created the background by simply laying down colors with watercolor crayons then activated the colors with a water brush. It's super quick and easy to make and it's just perfect for this artistic Lulu! =)

That's all I have for now. Don't forget to go and check out what the other Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests created using this lovely set here. Remember to leave comments along the way, because one lucky commenter will win this new stamp set! All new stamps will be available on Sunday, April 22nd at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.



Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!


supplies:
cardstock: (white, kraft) Papertrey Ink, (watercolor paper) Strathmore Artist Papers
rubber stamp: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps
dye ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
specialty ink: (watercolor crayon) Staedtler
other: (foam tape) 3M, (foam squares) Recollections
Copics used:
skin: E13, E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: E18, E15, E13
coat(?): R24, R22, R21, R20, R11, E37, E35, BG32, BG11, BG10
shoes: E29, E27, E25, E23, C9, C7, C5
paint brushes, palette: E59, E57, Y26, E55, R27, R24, YG09, YG07, YG97, YG95, B26, B24, Y17, V06, C1, C00, 0
card size: 4" x 5"

Comments

Cindi said…
Gorgeous! Love the background. Great idea!
Unknown said…
so pretty and clever, love the little artist
Mary J said…
Such a clever idea, Alice - love this!
SARA said…
wow beautiful work! i love your card ;) hugs
Wilfreda said…
I absolutely love this! Great job.
Alice this is great! Love how you created the background..it works so perfectly :)
Tracy said…
Very cute! I love the background!
Whimcees said…
Hello!

This set is so wonderful and your card is perfection! Love it! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane
Anna R said…
What a Fabulous idea for the background...I Love, love your clever cardd!! :)
Shari said…
Alice, another AMAZING card! Love the "paint" colours on the card, just perfect!
Scrappy Canuck said…
This card makes me smile! Love it!
Lori said…
Wow Alice, this is brilliant!
NinaN said…
The background really is just perfect!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Alice those colorful swooshes in the background are fabulous for this image!!
Niki Estes said…
Alice, this is so cute! What a cute way to make a background, too! Love this idea!
jan farnworth said…
love it very creative
Helle said…
Cute card! I really like your colorful background :)
Heidi Brawley said…
WOWZERS!!! love it a lot!!! so darn cute and creative!!!
CinnamonSally said…
Wow this is so cute Alice, and I love the way you have created the background!
donna mikasa said…
Heeee! LOVE that painted background and your fussy cutting is awesome as always! LOVE!!!
Maria Therese said…
So cute and fab background!!
Dotty Jo said…
What a clever idea Alice - beautifully created, Jo x
Laura said…
What an easy but fabulous background! I love it Alice!
Great colouring too!
Laura xx
Debora said…
I really love your cards Alice!
This card is fabulous! I love how you colored her as well as the background! Brilliant!
Mary said…
OMG I LOVE it!!! Such a simple but amazing card...fabulous!
Heather said…
Amazing. What a great background for this cute little stamp.
Merry said…
Alice you always come with the most appropriate and amazing backgrounds. Wonderful card.
Shirley N said…
YOU color ME happy, Alice, brilliant design!
Tanya said…
How cute is she! I love your rainbow!
Julie said…
This is fabulous Alice!! Such a great idea to have just the brushes of colour behind this cute artist image!! Hugs, Juliexx
Pam said…
Really adorable! Love your fun background
Jude said…
Wow! fabulous background. What a fab idea.

Hugs
Judex
Karen B. said…
So cute! Love the background on this.
stampingbowd said…
Oh my gosh that is so cute!!! BEAUTIFUL WATERCOLOR BG to go with this super cute image!
Crafting Vicky said…
what an amazing background. Not sure it's as easy as you say...
Trish Molnar said…
Beautiful card! I love your background!
Pajalu said…
Alice what a stunner of a card. I seeing what you create each time. I especially love the background on this card. I'm thinking I'm going to have to case it xoxoxoxoxo
wendy said…
GASP....this card is AMAZING...what a great idea...
Sandy Smith said…
Love this card Alice! It reminds me of my daughter. Great job.
yyam said…
Awesome! Love the artsy background! :)
Christiana said…
This is such a fun card! And what an awesome background you gave her. :o)
~ Jo ~ said…
This is an adorable card!
Beate said…
I LOVE the background you created for your Lulu. It's perfect for this image. Awesome card.
Hugs and smiles
Sandy said…
You are so wonderfully talented. Perfect card really - so creative. I love it!!!!!
Sandy
Jeni said…
Girl, I just love your clever background!!! LuLu just pops right off the card...beautiful. ~jeni :)
Tracey said…
I love your background! Such a fabulous card!
BabyBokChoy said…
That background is absolutely wonderful, what a fun technique with watercolor pencils and all!!!!
Virginia L. said…
This just ROCKS!! Perfect background for this darling image! YOU are amazing!
Karen Motz said…
What a BRILLIANT idea to watercolour the background for this cute image!!!

Popular Posts