Tucker, Toadstool, Flit & Flutter

Hello, my friends! It's release day over at Purple Onion Designs. The super duper cute new collection The Sweetest Day is available starting today! I am sharing a card made using some of the new images.


I can't get enough of Stacey's images. I love how easy it is to built a scene with the images from this collection. =) I used Tucker, Toadstool and Flit & Flutter for my card.


I used a few different watercolor methods to make this scene. The cute little Tucker is colored with watercolor pencils and a water brush on watercolor paper then cut out.


The background is created by dragging a piece of watercolor paper through a pool of ink that contains Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage distress inks with lots of water. I then stamped Toadstool, Flit & Flutter and the sentiment from The Sweetest Day Sentiment Set with archival ink before coloring the butterflies with watercolor pencils. The Toadstool and the ground are colored with a mixture of watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons and a water brush. It was really fun making this card! =)

That's all for now. Don't forget to check out the new The Sweetest Day collection here! =)



Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink, (watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
rubber stamp: Purple Onion Designs
archival ink: (Jet Black) Ranger Industries
coloring medium: (watercolor pencils) Derwent, (watercolor crayons) Staedtler
other: (foam squares) Recollections
card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Susie said…
Really adorable. Love the smiley Tucker.
Kim C said…
Such a cute card and love your watercoloring skills! Can I just ask, what cleaner do you use to clean off the archival ink from your stamps?
Maria Therese said…
Oh your card is so sweet ♥ These stamps are so cute too! Think I might need to go shopping for some when my Crafty diet is over..
donna mikasa said…
Cuteness! Love your little scene--your watercoloring and the background is awesome!! Have a sweet week!
itsallrosi said…
wonderful scene, Alice!
Dotty Jo said…
What a gorgeous little scene you've created Alice! These stamps are amazingly cute, Jo x
Helle said…
oh my god you are so talented! awsome work!!
yyam said…
Goodness! This is adorable! I lovelovelove how you created the bakcground! I must try this amazing technique!
Isha Gupta said…
Cute scene Alice. Love your coloring.
Henrikke said…
Love your card :-)
Beate said…
I love the scene you created. The stamps are darling and your coloring is beautiful, as always.
Have a great day!
Hugs and smiles
Karen B. said…
Oh this is most adorable!!
Amy Johnson said…
Fabulous! I love how you make beautiful scenes on your cards!
Sophie said…
Eine ganz entzückende Karte.
Total niedlich mit dem großen Pilz.

Liebe Grüße
Mimi said…
Adorable scene you created Alice! Love the gorgeous watercoloring! and sweet little critters!! have a wonderful day! ;D
Kara Lynne said…
I love all your water color techniques - beautiful!
Ack... Alice, this is super duper cute! Love the snail very much. Fab card as always.
saw this on Mo's blog page and I just had to click to see a larger view. Wonderful card...great use of the images and awesome coloring...love it!
Christiana said…
Oh my goodness, this is so darn cute! and your coloring is just gorgeous.

He reminds me of that song I used to sing as a child, "There was a snail called Herbert who was so very slow. He caused a lot of traffic jams wherever he would go. The ants were always getting mad the beetles, they would fume! But Herbert always poked along and sang this little tune: Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry..." Do you know it?
Sandy said…
Absolutely adorable - I love it!!!
sandy

Popular Posts