Beautiful Butterflies

Happy Sunday, my friends! I was playing with the partial die-cutting technique that I learned from A Cut Above online classes the other day and made two cards using Tuesday Trigger as my inspiration.

I love the beautiful watercolor butterflies on this dress and used distress inks to create my own version of watercolor butterflies. I am not sure if I entered this in time, but I had a lot of fun making them and that's what's important, right? =)


After partial die-cutting the sentiment on watercolor paper, I stamped the butterflies from PTI's Beautiful Butterflies set with Dusty Concord, Barn Door and Ripe Persimmon distress inks with a few spritz of water.


The piece is then mounted on a watercolor paper card base with foam tape.


I used the same stamping technique and inks on a Rustic Cream card base for my second card and have the partial die-cut piece mounted over the stamped butterflies at the bottom of the card.


Just a slight variation from my first card. The Script Thanks die is from Memory Box.



That's all for today. Hope you have a fabulous day!


supplies:
cardstock: (watercolor) Strathmore Artist Paper, (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
clear stamp: (Beautiful Butterflies) Papertrey Ink
dye ink: (Dusty Concord, Barn Door, Ripe Persimmon) Ranger Industries
die: (thanks) Memory Box
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft, (Corner Chomper) We R Memory Keepers
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 5 1/2" x 4"

Comments

Pajalu said…
Alice, I love, love these two cards. So does my Emsy. She loves your butterflies. I love how you cut the the sentiment. Wonderful cards
Susie said…
Oh wow! Both are very beautiful. Watercolor paper adds such elegance.
Dotty Jo said…
Fabulous - what a great technique! Jo x
Sanne said…
Beautiful result Alice - love it!
Karen B. said…
More CAS perfection, these cards are gorgeous!
Tracy said…
This is absolutely stunning Alice. Your design talent never ceases to amaze me. Hugs!
Nancy said…
These are so artsy and gorgeous!
Lin said…
I predict a winner here, Alice - beautiful effect!!
CinnamonSally said…
These are both stunning Alice, I love that die cut script!!
Kara Lynne said…
Creative technique, you put it together beautifully!
Chunyuan said…
both cards are gorgeous. great take of the TT.
Vanessa said…
These are so so stunning, sweet Alice!!! GORGEOUS! Thank you for the many many lovely comments you left on my blog this week! I so appreciate that you took the time to do this! Smooch! Vanessa x
Virginia L. said…
Gorgeous cards, Alice!! I love love your take on the butterflies for TT! The inking is absolutely superb!
donna mikasa said…
Total gorgeousness, Alice! I love the first card and the ink on the sentiment. Soooo cool! Hope you're having a great weekend! Hugs!
Teresa Zuehls said…
Gorgeous card and take on the TT! I love how you stamped right over part of the word in the first card and on the second card I love the arrangement of the butterflies. TFS
Mirta Sanchez said…
Definitely the first, I love how the colors bleed onto the letters-well done!
~amy~ said…
soooooo wonderful Alice!!! perfect take on the trigger!
Anita Rex said…
Oh Alice you nailed this challenge on it's head! :> WOW! Gorgeous! I love how you did the sentiment with the dies!
yyam said…
Wow! Just love the artsy feel. Awesome use of those distress inks! :)
debby4000 said…
Love both of your cards Alice, especially how the thanks was cut.
luv
Debby
Kathy Martin said…
Perfect! Such a great match with the inspiration photo!
Beate said…
Both cards are beautiful! Love your butterflies and the die you used.
Hugs and smiles
Sandy said…
Right on! Beautifully done!!
sandy
Hey Alice! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
BabyBokChoy said…
Absolutely gorgeous, love love how you did the love!!!!!

Popular Posts