Elodie in Her Garden

Hello, my friends! Here is a card that I made for the sketch challenge over at the Stampavie Design Team Blog.


I used the adorable Elodie in Her Garden illustrated by Sarah Kay for my card. I think she is very pretty.


In the stamp, Elodie wasn't really watering anything, so I added a little patch of flowers for her using my Copics. I adore many of Sarah Kay's stamps and have a couple of them colored. I am just hoping that I'll keep making the deadlines of the challenges so that I can show them to you! =)


I paired her with October Afternoon's lovely Fly A Kite collection. The sentiment is from Nina Brackett's Heartily Yours Additions set.

That's all I have for today! Hope your day is fabulous! =)


Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Bazzill Basics (brown mats)
stamps: Sarah Kay for Stampavie, Nina Brackett for Gina K. Design (sentiment)
patterned paper: October Afternoon
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
leaf punch: Martha Stewart
mulberry flowers are from my stash
dies: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug
other: sewing machine, thread
Copics used:
skin: E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: E29, E25, E53
top: R24, R22, RV42
jeans: B95, B93, B91, R24, R22, RV42
hat (?): YG63, YG23, YG01, YG0000, R24, R22, RV42
water can: YR07, YR04, YR02, YR00
flower patch: YG17, YG03, YG01, Y38, R35, V6, YR18
ground: E39, E37, E35, E34, E31, E30

Comments

NinaB said…
This is just so darn cute, Alice. Fantastic color. I esp love how you did the shadows.
Beate said…
Oh my goodness. What is NOT fabulous on this card? NOTHING! LOVE your layout, the paper you chose, the gorgeous flowers and of course your amazing coloring! I have to get me some Sarah Kay images. Those are darling! Love your hand drawn flowers. You rock!
Hugs and smiles
Tyggereye said…
So adorable Alice! Great card!
Vanessa said…
Your card is fab, Alice! I love how you use patterned paper and your coloring on that adorable image is once again amazing!!! Perfect work!
Lin said…
So very sweet - LOVE your little flower garden you added! Beautiful mix!
Christiana said…
Absolutely adorable. That little flower patch is sheer brilliance.
BabyBokChoy said…
Love the stacking of the different PPs and how you mat them!! Yes, the fabulous coloring, but surely you get tired of hearing us gush over that, lool :)
Barbara said…
This is truly beautiful Alice! I am amazed at how you can go from simple to layered cards so effortlessly and they are always works of art!
:-)
Winter said…
Cute! Your coloring is Amazing! :)
So cute & gorgeous, Alice! And as always amazing coloring.
CinnamonSally said…
This is so pretty Alice, love the coloured image and the beautiful flowers you have added. A really cute card!!
Niki Estes said…
So adorable, Alice! I love it!
Emily Leiphart said…
How very fresh and pretty! I love your placement of the flowers, as if the little girl is watering them!
Dana White said…
Alice this is so cute - I love these images reminds me of holly hobbie
Dana said…
*sigh* Oh Alice, I wish I cold take a class from you on how to color so INCREDIBLY like you do! This is cool.
Holly Young said…
Precious as always Alice. I love that you thought to draw her in some flowers to water!
cashemere said…
Beautiful card Alice!!!
Kisses
Débora
Diane Jaquay said…
How cute! Love the layout of this card, and your patterned papers, and of course that sweet little image :)
Shirley N said…
Oh Alice, another lovelove card! You rocked that sketch with your beautiful DPs. Love how you bring papers together and your image is adorable!
Monique said…
Totally inspired Alice.. Ack!! I love this little Cutie Pie. Love the dark matting really pops out your DP!! Hugs :)
Stamping Cafe said…
Totally gorgeous card, Alice! Love everything about it, especially your gorgeous coloring!!
Kathy said…
Wow Alice this took my breath away! I can't tell you how talented you are or rather you are so darn talented!!!!!! I love your creations. Hugs to ya'
Kathy
Kathy Martin said…
Oh my goodness Alice...super cute and awesome Copic work! :)
Anonymous said…
Totally charming card Alice! She is beautiful! love how you colored her and the sweet flowers you drew in are adorable!
Pam Going Postal
Tiffany Ervin said…
Love, love her little green bonnet, hehe...super cute!
Amy said…
She's so cute Alice, I really love the flower patch you added! Awesome paper mix and the flowers are perfect! Love the card!
Jane said…
Too darn PERFECT!!!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
This is adorable Alice! I need to learn how to "ground" my images like you did adding the ground and grass. I love the sketch, too... and those flowers!!!
1LuvnMama said…
Wonderful, wonderful Alice! :) Luv this image and your color is just amazing! Hope you're having a great week thus far.
Silli said…
Very cute sweetie...I love the cute image and the colors... Happy day...;-)
Pami said…
What a lovely card, I agree she is a lovely image. I really like the way you have used lots of different background papers, it really works. Thank you for the inspiration. Pamix
AGohl said…
Cute card!

I picked you for a blog award. Check it out at http://rojavirginia.blogspot.com!
Tasha said…
Oh my goodness Alice this is so adorable! I love your colour wor and the fabulous papers. This is gorgeoeus
love tasha xx
Suzanne C said…
Wonderful image and colored beautifully. The flowers are in a great location and look like she is watering them!
Gorgeous coloring Alice and cute card!
Hugs,
Cabio
Fika said…
she's so beautiful and your sweet scene is adorable Alice!! :)

Popular Posts