Fall Charlotte

Happy Fall! To celebrate the arriving of fall, I am sharing a fall themed card! Ok, I didn't really plan this, it's just a nice coincidence. =) Here is a card that I made for the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #11.


The challenge theme is Anything Fall. When I first saw this beauty, I knew I had to have her! She is Fall Charlotte. I think she is gorgeous and had a lot of fun coloring her.


I was inspired by the beautiful creations from Nichol Magouirk. She has been making amazing cards with pretty backgrounds for her images using the masking technique. Here is one example. I didn't have the Stamping Mask Paper that Nichol used, so I used plain printer paper for my mask. I like how it looked and will be doing this more often. The Stamping Mask Paper is now on top of my wish list! =)


The patterned papers are from BasicGrey's lush Indian Summer collection. The Friend Definition background was stamped with tea dye. The image piece and the sentiment label are also inked with tea dye and a little vintage photo on the edges. The sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink. The seam binding is dyed with fired brick.

That's all I have for today. Hope you have a lovely day! =)


Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Sparkle Creations Stamps (Fall Charlotte), Hero Arts (Friend Definition), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
patterned paper: BasicGrey
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
seam binding: Hug Snug
mulberry paper flower is from my stash
border punch: Fiskars
dies: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug
Copis used:
skin: E01, E00, E000, R20
lips: R22, RV42
hair: E97, Y21, Y11
outfit: E37, E35, E33, E31, E19, E07, R08, R05
boots: E19, E07, R08, R05, E79, E77, E74
pumpkins, vine: YR18, YR15, YR12, G99, YG95, YG93, YG91, E59, E57, E55
maple leaves: E07, R05, R02

Comments

Tasha said…
Alice this is fabulous! I love the paper and the layout. Your colouring of the image is gorgoeus
love tasha xx
Beate said…
I love your card. Your stamped and sponged background looks gorgeous on the wonderfully colored Charlotte. I love how you colored her!
Hugs and smiles
cashemere said…
So sweet! You´re the best!!!!
Kisses
Débora
Gorgeous! Stunning coloring! I love the rich colors. Beautiful job Alice!
:) Rach
AGohl said…
Beautiful card! The colors in your base patterned paper are a gorgeous combination!
BabyBokChoy said…
what rich and deep and gorgeous colors, love the warmth!
anya said…
What a stunning card! Your coloring is gorgeous - so rich!
artfuldelight said…
OH WOW, what a beautiful card. LOVE the image AND the papers. Fabulous!
Courtney K said…
Wow. She is a work of art. Love the stamped background behind her.
Niki Estes said…
Beautiful card, Alice! The colors are so warm and rich.
Stamping Cafe said…
I just can't keep up with you as always, girlie!! :)

Love your gorgeous card with yummy colors and coloring, Alice! Love Nichol's masking work too! We need to have you over my house soon! Hugs!!
Rosemary said…
what a gorgeous card, alice! so rich and beautiful!
Emily Leiphart said…
Alice, can I say you've blown me away with this card? I love the rich, autumn colours and the masking is beautiful. I love how Charlotte glows against the texty background!
Holly Young said…
This is such a striking card Alice. The rich colors are really nice and I do love how you did the background around the image.
Deirdre said…
Oh wow, she is stunning. Love it.
Ayana Posadas said…
Beautiful card Alice!
So stunning!
Elena said…
Wow! This card is very beautiful! Love how you colored Charlotte!
Monique said…
How Pretty.. I just love what you have done with the back ground stamped and sponged looks very rich :) Great work Alice ...Hugs
Dana White said…
Alice what a stunning card - the colours and tones are beautiful
Tiffany Ervin said…
Wow! The deep background colors on the papers really draws you right into the image! Gorgeous!
Kathy Martin said…
wow! Amazing copic work, love the text background and the paper choices! :)
Shaela said…
this is stunning - such a gorgeous card!!
Shirley N said…
Beautiful card Alice! I love your stamped background too!
Suzanne C said…
Sweet card! Love the rich colors you chose in the papers and your coloring.
Silli said…
FABULOUS Alice...love the papers, love the image and the sponging...BIG hugs
B said…
Fabulous! :) Love the fun papers and the masking is just fab!
Anonymous said…
I say FABULOUS too! Alice this is wonderful! oh, I love backgrounds and this is perfect!
Pam Going Postal
donna mikasa said…
This is gorgeous, Alice! Love the subtle background stamping and the sponged color is perfect! Great masking and your coloring is flawless!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a gorgeous card!
Lisa Hjulberg said…
Wow wow wow, Alice!!!! This is stunning!!!! I love that masked effect. I gotta try that, too.

Speaking of which, I'd better get my SCRS card done. I'm running late as usual! LOL

Hugs,
Lisa

Popular Posts