September Card Chain Challenge

Hello, my friends! I am so happy to participate in Deborah's Card Chain Challenge again. This is a wonderful challenge where each participant gets a handmade card from a fellow card maker. It's always so fun to be part of it. This time I am the lucky recipient of two of Nancy's amazing cards. Here they are:


Isn't this such a beauty? I fell in love the minute I saw it! Nancy spritzed Perfect Pearls water over the card to give it the beautiful shine that I just love. Also, the pretty and subtle Starburst Lace on the background is such a wonderful touch.


Here is the card that Nancy used to write her sweet messages in. The Silhouette Bells panel is just amazing! The background is done so perfectly with such pretty colors. I am so lucky! Thank you so much for your beautiful cards and the yummy goodies you included in the envelope, Nancy! I love them! =)

Here is the card that I sent to Yvette in Belgium.


I used the super adorable Pirate Luka from La La Land Crafts for my card. This cute boy just makes me smile! One of the challenge theme is pirates and Luka is perfect for it.


The map patterned paper is from K & Company, the blue polka dot one is from My Mind's Eye and the red and cream one is from Teresa Collins. They are from an old scrapbook kit from Cocoa Daisy.


I distressed the paper edges then inked them with tea dye. I then added some hand stitching for a rustic look and hoping that they go well with the pirate theme. The sentiment is from this set by Hero Arts.

Big thanks to Deborah for hosting this fun challenge and congrats on the one year anniversary of the challenge! =)

That's all for now. Hope your week is off to a fantastic start!


Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamp: La La Land Crafts (Pirate Luca), Hero Arts (sentiment)
patterned paper: K & Company, Teresa Collins, My Mind's Eye
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
edge distresser: Close To My Heart
embroidery floss: DMC
Copics used:
skin: E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
hair: E97, Y21, Y11
outfit: BG78, BG75, BG72, E09, R08, R05, R02, E21, E51, E50, C3, C1, C00
parrot: YG17, YG03, Y38, Y35, E95, E93, YR15, BG15, BG13, BG11
bag: E31, E21, E51, E50
map: E31, E21, E51, E50, R08

Comments

Beate said…
Alice, Your pirate card looks fantastic! Love the paper you chose for it, the layout and of course your gorgeous coloring!
Nancy's cards are beautiful! What a fun challenge.
Hugs and smiles
Jane said…
ok....LOVE Nancy's cards and YOU kill me every time!!!!
Tyggereye said…
what great cards she sent you. Cute! I love your pirate card. He is so adorable. He'd be great to use on a pirate themed boy party invites. Love how you made the card look old and map like. Cute@!
cashemere said…
Hi Alice! I love the cards!!! The pirate is wonderful!!! I love the stamp! You´re an artist!!!!
Kisses from Brazil
Débora
~amy~ said…
such gorgeous cards from Nancy and OMGoodness...you rocked the coloring on yours...soooo cute and full of fabbie details!
Nat said…
love all these great creations, wonderful!!! :)
alexandra s.m. said…
There 're all exquisite!
TFS!!
Amazing card Alice! The sentiment is so perfect. Your coloring is gorgeous as always.
:) Rachel
Unknown said…
WOW, I LOVE that pirate card!! Too adorable!
Unknown said…
WOW, I LOVE that pirate card!! Too adorable!
Holly Young said…
Alice, thanks for sharing the cards you received with us! They are both just beautiful!
Your pirate card is darling! I love how you distressed the map layer, and your stitching is perfect!
donna mikasa said…
Wow, you're so lucky to receive TWO cards from Nancy! And I love Pirate Luka! The distressed maps and stitching are just perfect! You've inspired me to print him out and color him....thank you!
Virginia L. said…
You are indeed lucky to have Nancy's cards! She is a sweetie! Love your little pirate card...so many intricate details. The stitching and distressing are absolutely fabulous!! LOVE it! Thanks again for showering me with super kind comments! xoxo
BabyBokChoy said…
Wow, you lucky girl :) Your pirate card is totally precious, so many details, aaaaaargh!!! :)
Shirley N said…
Love your pirate card, your design is awesome. Love your distressing and your coloring. Great cards from Nancy too!
Monique said…
wonderful cards Alice.. the little pirate is so handsome in his little suit..Love the tearing and cross stitch nice touch!! You rock GF!!
Amy said…
Those two cards from Nancy are gorgeous, lucky you to receive them! Your pirate card is just super fabulous, how can anyone not love him! Your sentiment is perfect as are the papers you used, Alice!
Kristine said…
Hi ALice! WOWIE, what a terrify-ify-ific Pirate Luka card!! *Ü* Am loving your coloring and that DP is so perfect with him! Love the tear and the "x"s sewn on too! You are so talented and it's awesome to see you using some of that talent with those adorable LaLa stamps!! *Ü* can't wait to see more!
Stamping Cafe said…
Two gorgeous cards from Nancy! Love your Pirate Luka, totally gorgeous coloring with great design!! You ROCK, girl!!
Nancy's cards are amazing...so classy and beautiful. Your little pirate card is adorable! Love the stitching and perfect choice of papers...and of course your colouring! Well it's perfect too!
Anonymous said…
Luka is so handsome and love the card you created to place him on!
Pam Going Postal
Unknown said…
I just had to tell you how ADORABLE the projects you made for ATS were this week-- I adored the Fiona card and the coloring on that twisted sister was amazing!! Thanks so much for your amazing designs this month!!
Kelley Eubanks said…
Love your little pirate man! What a cute card and man... I am always in awe of your mad coloring skills!
ivy said…
wow! look at the coloring on that pirate boy! so cute!
Joy said…
Love all these cards, and what beautiful cards to receive from a beautiful person, love them and I adore that sweet little pirate card, way too cute!
Silli said…
Oh Alice, your sweet pirat card is soooo pretty...LOVe your coloring alway...great cards...BIG hugs and happy day my friend...
Chelsea said…
It's me again Alice! lol
The Challenge sounds so fun! What a wonderful idea!
Your card is just adorable. The little pirate image is the sweetest thing!
Love,
Chelsea
Emily Leiphart said…
You lucky girl! It's always so much fun to receive lovely cards in the mail. Your pirate card is awesome with the distressed scroll for the sentiment!
Steph Zerbe said…
OMGosh, this pirate card is perfection!!! I love the layering of papers so, so much and the stitched x's! SO SO FUN! You are my new favorite blogger girl!!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful cards from Nancy! Love to get mail from Nancy! Your pirate card is a masterpiece. Love the details.
Nancy said…
Hi Alice, I'm loving that pirate! How adorable is he?! Your design is so amazing with the tattered papers and your coloring is superb! I just love the CCC, I've met the nicest people and you are on the top of the list!
blessings!

Popular Posts