storybook & Spring Fling

 Hello, my friends! I have a couple of hybrid cards to share with you today.


I used Polka Dot Pixels' storybook kit for this card. I love the retro look of this kit so much! The colors are beautiful, too. I printed and cut out the little boys from one of the patterned papers and pop dotted it to the card. The sentiment is from this set by Hero Arts.


My second card is made using papers and elements from Jo Hanna's beautiful Spring Fling kit. I love the fresh colors and fun elements in this kit. I love these whimsical flowers and the kite, so I had to use them! =) This kit is available separately, you can see the The Elements here and The Papers here. The sentiment is from this set by Hero Arts.

That's all I have for today. Hope you have a beautiful day! =)


Thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
for the "storybook" card:
cardstock: Neenah Classic Solar White
digital kit used: storybook by Polka Dot Pixels at Two Peas In A Bucket
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: Papertrey Ink Perfect Match
die: Spellbinders
die-cutting machine: Cuttlebug
other: sewing machine, thread


for the "Spring Fling" card:


cardstock: Neenah Classic Solar White
digital kit used: Spring Fling by Jo Hanna at Two Peas In A Bucket
stamp: Hero Arts
ink: Papertrey Ink Perfect Match
twine: May Arts
dies: Spellbinders
die cutting machine: Cuttlebug

Comments

Silli said…
Fabulous dear Alice, I love your hybrid cards so much, great colors, great papers... You are my hybrid hero...;-) HUGS and happy day!
Beate said…
Gorgeous cards! I am with Silke. You create amazing hybrid cards. LOVE the darling boy image, layout and shape of the first card. The kite in the second card is just darling. So are the flowers.
Hugs and smiles
cashemere said…
So sweet!!! I love it!
Kisses
Chelsea said…
Oh so cute! Both cards are so pretty, but I love how you've made the kite. So creative you! :)
Love,
Chelsea
~amy~ said…
Awwwww....love both of your cards alice...I always love seeing your shaped cards!
BabyBokChoy said…
Both cards are really pretty but that first one, seriously, vintage awesomeness redefined
Lin said…
Love those little boys, Alice! Just adorable!
lauren bergold said…
i know i've said this before but it bears repeating: YOU ROCK the hybrid card world, miss alice!!!! (you rock the card world generally...but i do really REALLY love your hybriddy goodness!!!) ♥
Holly Young said…
two adorable cards! the first one is so old fashioned looking and I love how you made the kite three dimensional in the second card!
B said…
Wow, absolutely fabulous! Love the digi + non-digi combination!
Igagnon76 said…
fabulous cards Alice!
donna mikasa said…
Great hybrids, as always! Love the vintage little boys and the dimensional kite on the next! Such happy cards!
Maylee said…
Fantastic cards Alice, you make hybrids look so easy. I'm still afraid of them. : )
Traveling Mama said…
These are sooo sweet! I love the textures and dimensions! Hugs from Denmark!
Marlene said…
These are adorable. That first one takes me back to first grade...remembering the illustrations in our readers.
Stamping Cafe said…
You are a digi green, Alice! Gorgeous cards, love the vintage look on the first one and the second one makes me happy! You ROCK, girlie!
Courtney K said…
both are so, so cute! love the little boys and the 3-d kite is so fun.
Karen B. said…
Oh my, that vintage card is adorable, such a unique style for you!
Emily Leiphart said…
I love both of these, Alice! The shapes and colours are just wonderful.
Suzanne C said…
Love the vintage boys and the sentiment is perfect! Love that card! :) The other card is beautiful too!
Tyggereye said…
That hybrid kite card is amazing! I love the colors and the look of it.

Popular Posts