Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #15

Happy Saturday! Thanks for joining me for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Here is this week's sketch:
Here is my take on the sketch:


Yeah, I am still having fun with the super cute Half Pint Heroes set. This rocket is so adorable and fun! There are several cute faces that came with this set so that you can stamp them on the vehicles that they ride in. I covered the window with Glossy Accents after coloring the image.


I stamped the moon and stars that came with the set and covered them with some yellow Stickles after coloring them. I then cut them out and adhered them on the embossed kraft piece with some rolled up glue dots.


The papers that I used are from K & Company's Daydreams collection. I got this cute collection from my local Michaels. The funky scalloped border is cut using this Tim Holtz die. The sentiment came with the Half Pint Heroes set.

You can use any stamps you want for the challenge, but we would love it if you can use Waltzingmouse Stamps! Please go to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog to see what the other Mischief Makers came up with and check out all the details for the challenge.

Hope you can join us this week!

Have a fabulous weekend, my friends! =)



Thanks for stopping by!




supplies:


cardstock: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
patterned paper: K & Company
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
glitter glue: Stickles
die: Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix
die-cutting machine, embossing folder: Cuttlebug
Copics used:
face: E01, E00, E000, R20
rocket: BG78, BG75, BG72, Y38, Y35, Y32, R37, R35, R32, C1, C00
flame: R27, R24, R22, YR07, YR04, YR02
moon & stars: Y35, Y32, Y19, Y17, Y15

Comments

Dotty Jo said…
Nobody can interpret a sketch quite like you can Alice - you never fail to amaze and inspire!!!! Jo x
Lenet said…
I love it..the rocket looks so real the way you colored it!!
Savitri said…
So cute!!!! I love how you color. I only wish :)
Silli said…
sweet, sweet, sweet dear Alice...I love the cute image and the fabby papers... Many thanks for all the wonderful inspirations... HUGS
Karen B. said…
Wow, this has got to be my most favorite card of yours yet! Love all the details.
Beate said…
Alice, you rock this set. Another darling card.
Hugs and smiles
Mona Pendleton said…
Cuuuute card! Love the lil' paperpieced stars!
Jodi Collins said…
I just LOVE everything about this Alice! I may need this set!!!
Julia Aston said…
Love the colors on this Alice - the papers are so fun as are the rippled banner sentiments!
Diane Jaquay said…
Just adorable Alice, love the countdown numbers on the right, so fun ;)
donna mikasa said…
Love this, Alice! I may have to break down and buy that set--so cute for little boys! Love how you turned the sketch, too. Hope you're having a great weekend!
This is so adorable! Fabulous colouring and the litte stars and moon are perfect!
Shirley N said…
You sure know how to work a sketch Alice. This is so adorable and CUTE! Love the numbers too. Your creativity is awesome!
Barbara said…
I just adore your cards Alice! This little guy is super cute and I love the way that he stands out from the background. :-)
Tyggereye said…
Oh! Alice this is adorable. What a great kid card. I love the little space ship guy. The dimension is right on, perfect layering. :)
Jill said…
Fab pairing of pp and a perfectly colored stamped image! This just couldn't be cuter!
Monique said…
The count down on the side is so creative... and Half Pint is very adorable..Awesome little boy card :)
Emily Leiphart said…
Alice, this couldn't be more perfect! Your colouring is to die for as is your interpretation of the sketch. I love how you used a countdown next to the rocket and of course I couldn't be happier with the kraft. Oh, and thanks for sharing where you got that scallop border die! ;D I am very tempted to buy the Half Pint Heroes set now.
Sasya said…
oh wow what a good idea!!! beautiful!!! :)
Igagnon76 said…
this is so adorable and i love the sentiment
Igagnon76 said…
this is so adorable and i love the sentiment
cashemere said…
Ohh!!! Alice! I just fall in love with this card! I heve a son and he loves rockets!
So cute!
Kisses
Débora e André
Tasha said…
Alice your take on the sketch is awesome! I love the Design, how you have used the papers and the sweet image. YOu rock
love tasha xx
Chris said…
What a fun card. Love it.
Anonymous said…
super, super cute and awesome coloring Alice! Love how creative you were w/the sketch! cool!!!
Pam Going Postal
Courtney K said…
i totally love all the boy themed cards you do. this is def one of my faves. and the paper you used is absolutely perfect in the background.
Suzanne C said…
Wonderful card for a boy and fantastic design! Love what you did with the sketch!
B said…
Way too cute! Fun take on the sketch as well!
Unknown said…
Oh cracking card Alice!!! Thank you!
Lavender Rose said…
Great interpretation of the sketch, just love the little rocket man and those cute stars, fab colours too.
Ren-Yi said…
absolutely love this rocket. meant to stop by earlier - the countdown on the side of the card is genius! love it.

Popular Posts